PDA

View Full Version : SOLD For sale: OMAS Royal Blue Vintage-style Paragon

2ntense
September 16th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Hello everyone,

Up for sale is a gorgeous OMAS Royal Blue/Blue Royale Paragon (vintage-style) from 1994. It has an OMAS in-house 18k F nib and writes smoothly and reliably with very slight natural line variation. The chatoyance (or the pearlescent shift of the light on the surface) is clear to see all the way around the pen but is particularly beautiful in alignment with the nib.

The pen has no (possibly undesired) celluloid shrinkage or discolouration that is occasionally seen with this model and colour and is thus in very good condition. The pen has an ebonite feed, gold trim, the typical OMAS roller clip, and a fairly unresistant piston-turning knob. The pen has been lovingly used and shall be thoroughly cleaned and carefully packaged (no original box or papers) before being sent off. All in all, a fine piece that isn't common and is becoming more desirable following OMAS' unfortunate close.

The basic writing sample is with Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo.

I am asking (SOLD) $750 USD shipped worldwide (SOLD), with insured shipping for extra cost if wanted. I am willing to be a bit flexible in price if an offer is reasonable. Feel free to ask questions or for more photographs if needed (OMAS celluloids are notoriously difficult to capture)!
Please PM me if interested - the first person who asks to reserve the pen and pays within 24 hours gets the pen. I will ship within 24 hours of payment. Payment via PayPal is definitely preferred (details upon inquiry).

Cheers!

2ntense
September 22nd, 2017, 01:19 PM
Bump! Price reduced to $700 shipped.

Robert
September 22nd, 2017, 04:26 PM
I own an Omas Blue Royale Paragon w/ medium nib. Of the half dozen or so Omas pens in my collection, this one is my favorite.

2ntense
September 24th, 2017, 10:15 AM
It's a lovely pen, isn't it? I just need to fund other things, sadly. It's a very comfortable pen to use. What other pens do you have in your collection?

Bump!

Robert
September 24th, 2017, 04:34 PM
2ntense - I also have these Omas pens: Black Paragon from mid-1990's; Milord (dark brown) from about the same time; 360 Blue Cotton Resin; Extra Lucens (gold and black) from 2012. In terms of aesthetics, however, the Blue Royale is my fave. It exudes class.

lucky
September 25th, 2017, 01:29 PM
Still available?

2ntense
September 25th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Sorry, everyone, but I have decided to keep the pen. I apologise to anyone who is genuinely interested in it, but I cannot part with it at this time. Thanks for the interest!