PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Van Gogh's "A Pair of Shoes" by Visconti Brand New Uninked

penwash
September 19th, 2017, 08:49 AM
This is one of the few modern pens that I really like.
The reason I'm selling this is because it has a Medium nib. I like Broad, so I just bought another one with B nib.

This pen is totally new and store bought (I don't usually do this either). Pristine everything and of course the pen is uninked.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4407/37041353522_7a2fb92d23_c.jpg

As an extra service, I'm offering to the buyer to test and adjust the nib if needed.
I don't expect any of you to know about me, so for the record, I have restored 200+ pens and I know how to adjust nibs :D

Price: now $225 shipped within US. International shipping at cost. That's a lot less than any online prices.

penwash
September 22nd, 2017, 10:12 AM
Bumpity! Give me your best offers.

penwash
September 28th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Bumpity! Reduced price to $245 shipped within US. Or give me your best offer.

penwash
September 29th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Is there something special about this particular pen because it can be brought from a number of online fountain pen vendors for $231.00?

Sure, then first of all, you are welcome to buy it from the said online vendor.

Secondly, but not less importantly, I offer the nib adjustment service because a) I am a pen restorer, and b) the nib on this model of Visconti have a pretty high occurrence of hard-starts and skips.
Does the said online vendor offer that also?

Plus, I accept offers. Are you going to make me an offer? :)

Styx2
September 29th, 2017, 10:01 AM
No need to get defensive. I already own that pen and it works wonderfully so no I wont be making you an offer. Was just inquiring about your price.

penwash
September 29th, 2017, 10:13 AM
No need to get defensive. I already own that pen and it works wonderfully so no I wont be making you an offer. Was just inquiring about your price.

Defensive? Hardly, but when you question the price in public, I have to point out how and why I came up with it.
And since I don't know your background, I had to also point out the obvious that if you want the pen for the price of the said online vendor, then you could just buy it from them.

Glad you own the pen. I bought another one in Broad, so far I'm loving it. Thinking to make it a stub.

Styx2
September 29th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Sorry....I guess I could have ask that question via PM. Newb mistake. I really didn't mean to be negative or difficult.

penwash
September 29th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Sorry....I guess I could have ask that question via PM. Newb mistake. I really didn't mean to be negative or difficult.

Don't worry, please. I could be more genial in my answers too, for that I apologize.

To peace. :cheers:

Styx2
September 29th, 2017, 10:37 AM

To Peace. :cheers:

Curtisvan
September 29th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Great seller. The PM method of questioning price is correct. I’d recommend you delete it.

penwash
October 8th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Great seller. The PM method of questioning price is correct. I’d recommend you delete it.

Thank you for the support!

I'm dropping the price to $235 shipped within US with tracking without insurance, OBO.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a great pen, each pen has a different pattern on the body.
I have two, right? And they both indeed have different patterns.

penwash
October 16th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Last bumpity and price cut before going to ebay: $225

AzJon
October 18th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Last bumpity and price cut before going to ebay: $225

You have an eBay, too?

Bisquitlips
October 20th, 2017, 03:02 PM
PM sent!

penwash
October 20th, 2017, 03:03 PM
PM sent!

I didn't receive your PM. Just email me at redeempens@gmail.com.