PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Aurora Optima cap/barrel only - no nib

vPro
September 19th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Hi!

I finally finished my 7 month-long search for a new Aurora Optima cap and barrel to replace my cracked cap and barrel. I did in fact send the parts to Aurora for a replacement, but they asked €150 just to replace them! Seeing as I really wanted an Auroloide Optima it wasn't worth it for me. Long story short, I bought a new cap/barrel from a kind member on FPN and I'm selling my old cap/barrel.

The barrel and cap has cracks. With that said, however, the pen has had these cracks since February and they've not caused any problems. The reason being that Aurora's design of this pen is quite clever; like with Pelikans, there is an inner barrel to which the piston screws into and operates inside and an outer barrel which is what you see and touch. The outer barrel is what's cracked on my pen. There are three hairline cracks, all three originating from the base of the barrel, right below the piston turning knob.

The cap has two hairline cracks. They're not really noticeable, but they are there. Other than the aforementioned cracks, there are some microscratches that come from use. It's a bit more than I like, but I got the pen second-hand.

Mechanically everything works. Piston is as smooth as it can be, cap doesn't dry out and the pen is wonderful to hold.

This may appeal to somebody who happens to have an Aurora Optima/88 nib laying around and isn't bothered by cracks like I was. Or maybe you know somebody who can create a custom binde for you! I'll try to let my price reflect the condition of the cap and barrel, but if you think it's too high, feel free to contact me.

Asking $89 - note: NIB IS NOT INCLUDED!

Pictures can be seen here: https://imgur.com/gallery/Udv1W