PDA

View Full Version : What's your LE color Lamy Safari?

liapuyat
April 29th, 2013, 01:46 AM

I got my orange Lamy Safari (the 2009 LE) last Saturday. My friend got it for me in Macau, of all places, for roughly USD 48.60 (sans converter). It seems Macau has pen shops that carry the LE colors of the past few years! Since Safaris sell for USD 36.45 retail here in Manila, I thought the price wasn't too bad.

(My other Safaris are a yellow-black clip and a Vista.)

Sailor Kenshin
April 29th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Not a bad price for a hard-to-get color. Congrats!

Mine are: the pink one, the Aquamarine, and last year's Apple Green. I'm waiting for the Neon Yellow but it's sold out everywhere I buy pens.

I did have the yellow with black clip, but foolishly gave it away.

Bogon07
April 29th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I think Orange is my favourite and it goes well with Rhodia and Whitelines notepads.
Aquamarine is a great colour but AppleGreen has a nice cheerful tone that is hard to resist.

mmccabe_
April 29th, 2013, 05:58 PM
I did have the yellow with black clip, but foolishly gave it away.

Not sure if you want to replace it but I stopped by America’s Pen Collection (http://hotpens.stores.yahoo.net/lamsaf18foun.html) in White Plains, NY last week and grabbed the yellow safari w/ black clip for $37. The owner, Sol Glatstein, was awesome and had me drooling over all of his displays. He has it listed on his site still for that price so can’t hurt to call or email him and ask!

Sailor Kenshin
April 29th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Awe. sum.

Gonna try calling or emailing tomorrow!

liapuyat
April 30th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Oh! I have the yellow Safari with black clip! It's the one that has a matching black nib, right? I got that from a closeout sale.