PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Parker 51 Collection

popcod
September 23rd, 2017, 12:19 PM
After adding some recent finds to some pens I’m paring from my personal collection, I’ve quite a passel of Parkers to offer today. A ‘51’ for every occasion: from the affordable ‘51 Special’ to a factory boxed set and an uncommon desk set . . . and plenty in between. Oh . . . and a 61 capillary filler to boot!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition (n.b.): All the pens listed below have been cleaned and restored, ready to write. The Pli-Glass sacs and breather tubes on the Aerometrics are sound, the Vac 51s have new diaphragms, and nibs were adjusted when necessary. Each is guaranteed to fill and write as designed without leaks or other issues. These pens have no chips, cracks, personal engravings (except #4), bent nibs, misaligned tines, or missing parts.

Shipping: To CONUS locations buyer may opt for either USPS First-Class with tracking for $4 or USPS Priority for $7. Please contact me for shipping quote if located overseas (delivery confirmation required).

Order, Payment, & Guarantee: Pens are placed on hold for the first person to PM me with firm request to purchase, to which I’ll reply with payment details. If I haven't received Paypal payment within 24 hrs, then they become available to the next person. All pens are guaranteed to be in the condition in which I've described them. If I've missed something or the filling mechanism is not fully functional, the buyer may contact me up to 7 days after receiving the pen for a full refund (issued once I receive the pen back in the same condition as sold). I've sold pens online for about a decade. Please check my past listings here as well as on the classifieds and historical sales forums on FPN (username: Estragon) for some of my previous offerings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://i.imgur.com/b45mNsW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Hw33R4m.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IvPVrv9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G927e3s.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WVqsXyy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qbGX9Qu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hQ8TZFB.jpg

note about first photo: I didn’t have the pens arranged in proper order in the first photo, so I had to get creative with the numbering. I’m hoping it’s clear that #3 is a single burgundy pen while #4 is the burgundy set (with arrows pointing to the FP and BP).

All 51s are full-sized models, measuring about 5 1/2” capped.

1. 1948 Parker 51 Dove Grey Vac (Lustraloy cap w/ Jeweler’s band and nickel plated clip, Vacumatic filler, 14k F nib). One of the more elegant 51 caps IMO – scarcer than the standard Lustraloy and gold-filled caps. New diaphragm installed in the last month: guaranteed to completely fill without leaks and lay down a smooth and consistent F line. No dings to the cap. Some wear to the sides of the clip and marks to the barrel from the cap. Imprint is half worn away, but legible date code dates this pen to first quarter of 1948. Price: $125 $115

edit: or shell out $250+ on eBay for a slightly cleaner example :noidea: :p
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1947-Parker-51-Vacumatic-Fountain-Pen-Cedar-Blue-Stacked-Coin-Cap-Restored/152718578775?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

2. Kullock Fantasy Parker 51 Aero Demonstrator (Lustraloy cap, Aerometric hoop filler, 14k EF nib). Ariel Kullock is a craftsman known for reproducing Parker 51 pens and parts on original machines he sourced from the Janesville factory. This is a high quality reproduction of a rare, transparent model sold to merchants to demonstrate how the aerometric filling system operates. The pen is outfitted with a 14k Parker 51 nib that lays down a smooth and consistent EF line. I can replace this with a scarce B nib (perfect for stub/CI customization) on request for an extra $25. Hooped design filling system from the 51 special installed for maximum visibility of ink level through the transparent barrel (clearer than represented in the photos). The hood and feed are also transparent, so that ink is visible all the way up to the nib. Appropriate Lustraloy cap has a clean finish, no dents/dings, and nice pointy jewel. Near mint condition. Price: $130 SOLD

3. 1950s Parker 51 Burgundy Aero (Lustraloy cap, Aerometric Filler, 14k EF nib). A nice example of the attractive burgundy color for someone who doesn’t mind a couple of small cosmetic flaws and is looking for a solid, reliable daily writer. Clean, shiny finish to the barrel but that of the cap bears a couple scratches from the clip (visible in the first photo) and there is one shallow, 4mm dent on the back of the cap (photo on request). Note that the mark on the right side of the clip in the photos is not a blemish but a fingerprint. 14k Parker 51 nib is a smooth and consistent EF. Price: $75 SOLD

4. 1950s Parker 51 Burgundy Aero Set in Factory Box (Lustraloy caps, Aerometric Filler, 14k EF nib). Burgundy fountain pen and pencil converted to a ballpoint in the original Parker box (see detail photos). Though I don’t have any way to guarantee it for certain, the fountain pen appears to be uninked, there being no evidence of ink residue in the crystal clear pli-glass sac, inside the cap, or interior of the box. Judging by this, as well as the clean condition of the caps, this set appears at the very least to have not seen much use at all. Even the box is immaculate. The original owner, whose initials (‘H.C.S.’) are discretely monogrammed on the caps, replaced the pencil mechanism with a ballpoint refill of the era. It’s actually a solid fit (no play in the refill) with a factory appearance. The refill seems to be dried out/out of ink, but it should make for a nice pen if you can source another of the same size. EF Parker 51 nib on the FP is smooth when tested with water. No dents/dings to the caps. No real flaws to speak of except for the tasteful monogram. A chance to own a 51 in like-new condition! Price: $100 $90

5. 1950s Parker 51 Special in Navy Grey (stainless steel cap, Aerometric hoop filler, EF Octanium nib). Parker’s budget version of the 51 featured an 8 metal alloy nib they dubbed “Octanium,” outfitted with plenty of tipping material to make it just as smooth and reliable as their 14k nibs. This one lays down a smooth and consistent EF line. Excellent condition with no dents/dings to the cap – just microscratches consistent with use – and sharply pointed jewel. Smooth, lustrous barrel finish. No appreciable cosmetic flaws or functional issues of note. Price: $50 SOLD

6. 1951 Parker 51 Special in Black (stainless steel cap, Aerometric hoop filler, EF Octanium nib). Octanium nib lays down a smooth and consistent EF line. Parker 51 barrel imprints were phased out in 1952. ‘51’ code on this pen dates it to 1951. Excellent condition with no dents/dings to the cap – just microscratches. Smooth, lustrous barrel finish. An affordable workhorse with no appreciable cosmetic or functional issues. Price: $45 SOLD

7. 1956-62 Parker 61 Mark I (black, Lustraloy cap, Capillary filler, F/M 14k nib). Parker’s space-age follow-up to the 51 featured an innovative capillary filler that was complex in design but simple to use. The barrel is unscrewed to reveal a Teflon-coated cylinder that houses the proprietary “capillary cell” (“a sheet of plastic that has been perforated, embossed with a 3-D pattern resembling safety tread, and rolled up” –Richard Binder). Just dip the cylinder and it does the rest, absorbing the ink from the bottle. The Teflon coating acts to shed ink when the filler is removed from the bottle for a clean fill (no wiping necessary!). For more info on the 61, see Richard Binder’s informative article [HERE](http://www.richardspens.com/?page=ref/profiles/61.htm). This pen is about the same size as a 51, measuring a hair under 5 1/2” capped. It’s equipped with a 14k Parker 61 nib that lays down a smooth, wet, and consistent F/M line. Condition is near-mint, with no discernible wear to the frosting on the cap, none of the typical wear to the Teflon coating on the filler, sharply pointed jewels, and hardly any microscratches on the barrel. These capillary fillers were prone to clogging when stored with ink for decades, but this one required no service – fills to factory capacity. An outstanding, collector grade example of this pen in like-new condition. Price: $70 SOLD

8. 1946 Parker 51 Vac w/ Magnetix Desk Set (black pen and taper with gold plaid and aluminum base, Vacumatic filler, 14k F/EF nib). An uncommon desk set with removable Magnetix holder affixed to the base by the miraculous mystery of midcentury magnets(!) – tilts and rotates 360 degrees. Heavily weighted base made of aluminum framing a midcentury modern design in golden plaid enclosed by plexiglass(?). Fountain pen bears an imprint with 1946 date code. Outfitted with new diaphragm in the last couple months and guaranteed to fill completely without leaks or other issues. 14k Parker 51 nib lays down a smooth and consistent F/EF line. I’ve had this ready to hand on my desk for about a month and the nib has been reliably wet every time I put it to paper – good seal on the holder. Condition is superb, with just one noteworthy scratch to the enclosure (roughly 1” long) and some flea bites to the hood. Would be happy to hold on to this one if there are no takers! Price: $175 $155

popcod
October 1st, 2017, 02:20 PM
:bump2: for reductions

teodormircea
October 3rd, 2017, 05:02 AM
PM for #4 if still available

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Bold2013
October 3rd, 2017, 07:48 AM
Someone buy that desk pen so I don't...

popcod
October 8th, 2017, 06:16 PM