PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Pelikan M1005 Demonstrator

kyleparsons4842
September 23rd, 2017, 02:27 PM
Hello,

I'm selling my M1005 demonstrator with a 2 tone 18k medium nib which was tuned by Mark Bacas. This pen has been a unicorn for me for the longest time until I was able to finally get my hands on one. I'll start with what is not perfect about it. There are 2 things that come to mind:

1) This is not the original nib. They originally came with a full rhodium plated nib. Unfortunately, that went off to get a retip and was practically destroyed in the process, so I had to get a new nib unit. Pelikan does not sell spare rhodium nib units, and after emailing them directly about sending the pen back into Germany to have one put on, they basically said I am S.O.L. So...2 tone nib unit.

2) There is some ink squeeze between two layers of plastic near the base of where the nib unit threads in. You can see it (blue) in the pictures. This is not a stain, only ink that is really hard to get to. It's possible to have removed, but in pain in the butt. This happens in all of my pelikan demonstrators, including my 205, and 805. So it's not a fault of this specific pen, but of the pelikan design. Though, it should be mentioned.

Everything else is excellent. There are no scratches, no chips, the piston is perfectly smooth and shiny (also serviceable if you have a TWSBI wrench). The nib works very well being tuned. I have the original box.

Pictures:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxVASxeyGugkZWVkQWo3Q1pjU1E

Asking $700 including free shipping to the CONUS. Sorry, but no international. These are very hard to come by, and generally go for more than this. The price is taking into account the "flaws" that I mentioned.

Thanks for looking!
Kyle

kyleparsons4842
September 23rd, 2017, 09:36 PM
On hold