PDA

View Full Version : The fabled Lamy forum!

Kelly G
March 14th, 2010, 08:29 PM
As a follower of the great Lamy Forum wars, let me be the first to post in this Lamy Forum!

I'm not a big Lamy user but I do have a couple of 2000's that I slip into the rotation occasionally. They are currently out of the rotation and one needs to be returned to the home office for some work. It was an e-bay buy a number of years ago and has some age on it - but still a great pen.

The 2000's design is pretty timeless.

dannzeman
March 14th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I actually just sold my 2000 because it wasn't getting used. I loved it. It wrote great and felt awesome in the hand, it was just sitting in the case all alone (all alone? Yeah, right! How could it be all alone when it has 40+ other pens surrounding it?! Anyway...). I plan on getting the special edition that was released if I ever see one come up for sale.

fabiorr
March 26th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Hi,

I didn't know there was a special edition for the Lamy 2000. Do you have more info about it (review, pics, etc)?
I have been planning to buy a Lamy 2000, and if the special edition has some nice feature would be nice considering it too.

Thank you
Fabio

dannzeman
March 26th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I don't have any pics at the moment but I'll get some. The only difference is that or is made out of a different material than the regular 2000 and costs about twice as much.

Sent from my htc HERO using Tapatalk

eriquito
March 27th, 2010, 09:08 AM
My very first Lamy (a Safari) arrived in the mail two days ago.

It has a 1.5mm nib and I must say, I'm very impressed.

It won't replace my Danitrio, but it sure will get out of the house more.

=) Eric
Son of Ragnar

Okami
March 31st, 2010, 03:47 AM
I have 3 Safaris and a Vista which get regular use. I just obtained my first 200 with a OM nib (traded it for a Pilot VP I wasn't using), but haven't inked it yet. Can't wait to try it out.

dannzeman
March 31st, 2010, 04:48 PM
Here's a pic of the special edition 2000:
and here's the link for more info: http://www.rickconner.net/penspotters/lamy.2000.html

laoriginaltec
April 3rd, 2010, 02:59 PM
I have 2 Safari's, 1 Vista, and 1 Al-Star. My only issue is that my EF nibs write much thicker than my F. Has anyone else had this problem?

tytoalba
April 3rd, 2010, 06:10 PM
Lamy Forum!?!
ducks down low, waiting for the pie..

Kelly G
April 4th, 2010, 02:21 PM
tytoalba,

It is amazing is it not? A Lamy Forum as we live and breathe.

dannzeman
May 1st, 2010, 07:38 AM
Here's a pic of the special edition 2000:
and here's the link for more info: http://www.rickconner.net/penspotters/lamy.2000.html
So I had a chance to actually hold an inspect a Special Edition 2000 yesterday at the Chicago Pen Show. Its very nice and quite a bit heavier than a standard 2000, as one would expect. What I didn't much care for was the black part of the section. I would have prefered the entire pen to be of stainless steel. I also didn't care for the price, $250. While not unreasonable, it's just that it's not a priority for me with my limited funds.

Bucolic Buffalo
May 4th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I just wanted to post in a forum of a pen that I know I will never knowingly own. Thanks! :D

penspouse
May 4th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I just wanted to post in a forum of a pen that I know I will never knowingly own. Thanks! :D

:D Well, there are at least two of us in this club.

rroossinck
May 4th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Although I can understand your priorities, Dan...$250 for that pen was a straight-up steal.

countrydirt
May 31st, 2010, 07:53 PM
I have two Lamys - well 3 if you don't count the one "borrowed" by my 16 year old. A Safari - Charcoal, XF nib; A Vista - F nib. I like them both, alot...

Scuderia-F1
September 4th, 2010, 02:22 PM
So Eric!
What do you think of your Safari now when you´ve used for a while?
I´m thinking of buying one to have with me on a daily basis.

My very first Lamy (a Safari) arrived in the mail two days ago.

It has a 1.5mm nib and I must say, I'm very impressed.

It won't replace my Danitrio, but it sure will get out of the house more.

=) Eric
Son of Ragnar