PDA

View Full Version : Lots of OMAS pens for sale

zaddick
October 6th, 2017, 01:06 PM
I went a little nutso for OMAS pens (especially the celluloid ones) and want to offer some up for sale in order to get back to a more manageable number. PLEASE NOTE: These pens are typical modern OMAS meaning they are not the most robust or reliable pens made. I am describing my pens as best I can with any known or observed defects stated, but they are sold AS IS without any warranty or guarantee. Please consider this in your purchase decision. I am happy to take as many photos as you need to observe the condition of the pen.

Prices include shipping in the US. Insurance or signature confirmation or international will be extra.

OMAS Personal Computer Prototype: SOLD

OMAS 360 Blue Lucens: SOLD

OMAS Paragon Dark Burgundy (From 2008 Fashion Set) LE – This is the new, large paragon size. The pen has an 18K B nib that I recently had professionally stubbed for line variation. The pen is one of a set of 8 pens that came in a big box. There were 100 sets and this is part of set #1 (so the pen is marked as 001/100). Piston works fine. There is one of the facets of the pen along both the body and the cap that has a bit of scuffing. It looks like the side it was resting on in a storage tray. It is not too noticeable but it is there in the light if you look. $550 (NOTE: the writing sample below shows the pen before stubbing.)

OMAS 360 Burkina: This is a very unusual celluloid and you either like it or don’t. I like it, but the real star of the show is the 18K BB that was ground to a smooth CI by Mottishaw. This is one of the best writing pens I have owned. (And probably why I listed it last). The celluloid shows some scratching consistent with use, but it does not really show on this background. The piston operates just fine. There are two issues. First, there may be a slight leak where the silver section joins to the celluloid. I cannot really tell for sure. Sometimes ink creeps out when I put the pen in water to clean it. It could be accumulating from the cap during transit. Second, the rhodium plating on the clip has corroded, especially near the tip. This is a cosmetic issue, but it is not just a pit or two, but mostly missing. I have not sourced a replacement clip or had it re-plated, but neither should be too difficult to do if it bothers you. I have the boxes and papers for the pen. $700

Questions are welcomed but do not hold the pen if a firm offer comes in after your question.

Thank you for looking.

Edited to remove sold pens

fountainpen51
October 6th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Do you have a photos Omas Arco?

Francisco_S
October 6th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Amazing 360s.... The Wild and the Magnum are simply superb, wish I could afford them! Best of luck with the sale!

zaddick
October 8th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Added some photos up top and one more here of the pens uncapped. PM me your emial and requests for specific pictures if you have any.

zaddick
October 8th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Here is the nib on the Arco Ogiva. It does not look as bad as I remembered.

PHOTO DELETED AS PEN SOLD

McKool
October 9th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Pm'd you on the Magnum 360......

zaddick
October 29th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Bump. A lot of questions but no sales. All pens are still available.

mgmmaze
November 8th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Trying to respond but says inbox is full

zaddick
November 8th, 2017, 11:44 AM
cleared it and replied to you. Apologies

zaddick
November 10th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Arco Ogiva and Wild 360 are now sold.

zaddick
November 27th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Magnum and Autunno sold. I also lowered the price on black Milord set.

zaddick
November 30th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Milord set sold. Still some solid pens left.

Bisquitlips
November 30th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Could you repost the pens that are still offered for sale?

Just the ones that are still available.

zaddick
November 30th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Is that not clear in the first post? I have marked all sold pens a's sold and removed individual photos of sold pens.

acheex
December 15th, 2017, 06:23 AM
sir PMd you on the pens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zaddick
May 1st, 2018, 03:02 PM
Cleaned up the den this weekend and remembered I had these lovely pens that would not mind a new home and some exercise. Let me know if you have interest.

International shipping is possible but will be expensive with a box. I can include a PVD pipe tube instead that will protect the pen and reduce costs for you.

zaddick
August 23rd, 2018, 12:05 PM
Again I ran across some of these pens last night. I am bumping the thread.

Please note, the pens pictures in a group shot that are not listed int eh first post are already SOLD and no longer available. thank you.

zaddick
August 24th, 2018, 09:40 AM
I did in my previous post. I am not modifying the photos. Thank you.

zaddick
August 24th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Personal Computer prototype on hold pending payment

zaddick
August 27th, 2018, 05:47 PM
360 Blue Lucens is now sold.

zaddick
September 14th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Personal Computer prototype sold. Now there are only two pens left - the 360 Burkina and the Paragon Fashion.