PDA

View Full Version : Quick Look at Diamine new Shimmer inks 2017

Chrissy
October 12th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Diamine are issuing 10 more shimmer inks for 2017. Here is a quick look at them:

RocketRyan
October 12th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Cobalt jazz looks good to me. Thanks Chrissy

Chrissy
October 12th, 2017, 03:42 PM
You're welcome. :) Golden Ivy is lovely too. :)

Lady Onogaro
October 12th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Do these perform differently than the J. Herbin shimmer inks? Or are they about the same?

Chrissy
October 12th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Do these perform differently than the J. Herbin shimmer inks? Or are they about the same?
I find them wetter than the J.Herbin versions. They are now wet enough to use in pens with F nibs. :)

My Parker 45 stub nib is a very dry/stingy writer, yet it likes Spearmint Diva.

FredRydr
October 12th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Diamine are issuing 10 more shimmer inks for 2017. Here is a quick look at them....

Well, someone's been having fun today.

penwash
October 12th, 2017, 09:47 PM
I tried a couple shimmery inks from Diamine, but I was never able to get results like this.
Usually just the color without any shimmery at all.

I must be doing something wrong.

RocketRyan
October 12th, 2017, 11:14 PM
I am currently enjoying blue flame from the old ones. I find it shimmers great as long as the pen is wet, regardless of nib grade. A very wet fine on absorbent paper also bring out the shimmer.

Sailor Kenshin
October 13th, 2017, 01:07 PM
You're welcome. :) Golden Ivy is lovely too. :)

Yup,my fave. Thanks for the look!

Chrissy
October 13th, 2017, 02:54 PM
I tried a couple shimmery inks from Diamine, but I was never able to get results like this.
Usually just the color without any shimmery at all.

I must be doing something wrong.
I think that some are wetter than others. These latest ones seem wet, and behave well in all pens.
I have had these inks in these pens for a week. I have never shaken one pen so far. Just picked them up off the table, and started writing.

Chrissy
October 13th, 2017, 02:58 PM
I am currently enjoying blue flame from the old ones. I find it shimmers great as long as the pen is wet, regardless of nib grade. A very wet fine on absorbent paper also bring out the shimmer.

Yes I agree.

billy1380
October 13th, 2017, 03:15 PM
I like a few of them, but Golden Ivy looks really good (I think because of the contrast between the base color and the shimmer) ... Thank you so much for the writing/test samples Chrissy.

Memory
October 13th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Woah! Those looks amazing! Thanks so much for posting. I'm shocked that you were able to get such fantastic results from a fine nib. I was really frustrated with my shimmering inks before I tried Tomoe River Paper. Talk about a game changer!

Have you tried Nemosine's two shimmering inks? They're definitely my current favorites. Both behave fantastically in any type of nib.

Memory
October 13th, 2017, 07:36 PM
@penwash: give Tomoe River a try. I could never get the reddish sheen from Emeralds of Chivor until I used Tomoe River. That said, of the entire line, my absolute favorite is definitely Amethyst de Ouvere. It behaves as well as Nemosine's two shimmering inks, Blue Snowball Nebula Twinkle and Nemosine Coalsack Nebula Twinkle. Those two inks will shimmer in every pen I've used, including fine nibs!

Chrissy
October 13th, 2017, 11:19 PM
I like a few of them, but Golden Ivy looks really good (I think because of the contrast between the base color and the shimmer) ... Thank you so much for the writing/test samples Chrissy.
You're welcome. :) I think Golden Ivy will be popular.

Chrissy
October 13th, 2017, 11:28 PM
Woah! Those looks amazing! Thanks so much for posting. I'm shocked that you were able to get such fantastic results from a fine nib. I was really frustrated with my shimmering inks before I tried Tomoe River Paper. Talk about a game changer!

Have you tried Nemosine's two shimmering inks? They're definitely my current favorites. Both behave fantastically in any type of nib.

You're welcome. :) I have tried them on TR paper. The first is a Rhodia Bloc pad and the second is a Notebook made using the 68gsm TR paper.

I've also written with them in a Notebook using a very smooth 95gsm paper plus one that's a Moleskine clone. Dry time depends on the pen and paper, so the more ink that the pen lays down versus the smoothness of the paper means that the ink will pool more, so you will see more particles.

I haven't used 52gsm TR paper yet, but I think these inks will show through on that.

Morgaine
October 14th, 2017, 04:23 AM
Oh my!!!
Still haven't ordered anything from the last lot!
Wine divine, firefly, golden ivy could be on the shortlist!

Found my post from the last lot of sparkes:

The Cocoa Shimmer has grown on me. Even the Enchanted Onion looks good although I probably will go for non blue & purple colours first (got Blue Pearl, and the Purple Pazzazz, also Golden Sands). Question is, will I still get Night Sky or do I prefer one or two of these new inks more? Preliminary list, Night Sky and Fire Storm Red or Cocoa Shimmer.

Cyril
October 16th, 2017, 06:56 AM
I alrady have about 10 ink but not thought to enter this Shimmer side. Why becouse i want get every one of them I see and that is my problem.
But this test and youre view is amazing Chrissy very tempting and thanks for your share.

Happy coloful and Shimmy, wiring!

Chrissy
October 18th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Oh my!!!
Still haven't ordered anything from the last lot!
Wine divine, firefly, golden ivy could be on the shortlist!

Found my post from the last lot of sparkes:

The Cocoa Shimmer has grown on me. Even the Enchanted Onion looks good although I probably will go for non blue & purple colours first (got Blue Pearl, and the Purple Pazzazz, also Golden Sands). Question is, will I still get Night Sky or do I prefer one or two of these new inks more? Preliminary list, Night Sky and Fire Storm Red or Cocoa Shimmer.

You have a great shortlist. :)

Chrissy
October 18th, 2017, 06:08 AM
I alrady have about 10 ink but not thought to enter this Shimmer side. Why becouse i want get every one of them I see and that is my problem.
But this test and youre view is amazing Chrissy very tempting and thanks for your share.

Happy coloful and Shimmy, wiring!
You're welcome. :) It's a nice problem to have though. No? :D

Morgaine
October 19th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Had a look through the reviews and my current thinking is - Enchanted Onion, Cocoa Shimmer, Electric Pink.

Chrissy
October 19th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Had a look through the reviews and my current thinking is - Enchanted Onion, Cocoa Shimmer, Electric Pink.

Electric Pink is one of the new ones for 2017. I've reviewed all of these new 10 inks separately now in the Ink Reviews forum. Electric Pink is here (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/22182-Diamine-Shimmer-Inks-2017-Electric-Pink)

Woody
October 21st, 2017, 08:54 AM
The Frosted Orchid fills a gap for me. Kind of liking Arabian nights as well. Some of these colors I'd let the shimmer particles settle and use the ink without the particles. THANKS Chrissy

Chrissy
October 21st, 2017, 10:15 AM
The Frosted Orchid fills a gap for me. Kind of liking Arabian nights as well. Some of these colors I'd let the shimmer particles settle and use the ink without the particles. THANKS Chrissy

You're welcome. :) If you want to see them in more detail, I have now reviewed them all separately in the Ink Reviews forum: Frosted Orchid (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/22183-Diamine-Shimmer-Inks-2017-Frosted-Orchid), Arabian Nights (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/22179-Diamine-Shimmer-Inks-2017-Arabian-Nights)