PDA

View Full Version : Refuge from the vanished board

seffrican
April 30th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Hello all,

I used to hang out at that other board that's no longer online. Anyone who remembers me, say hi. If you don't, well, you will, you will :)

KrazyIvan
April 30th, 2013, 09:29 AM
I am not recalling the name but I am more of a visual person. If I see your avatar, then I might remember. :) :welcome:

jor412
April 30th, 2013, 09:33 AM
hello :)

Stefan
April 30th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Hello Howzit Broer!

Lekker by die see ne, en ook met iets wat werk, maar dis eintlik nie hulle skuld nie !

Stompie

caribbean_skye
April 30th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Welcome welcome.

Greg Minuskin
April 30th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Welcome! It is good to get away from the vanished board, and welcome to this wonderful site!

You will find the people here wonderful, fun, and have lots of pen knowledge.

Let me know if I can assist you!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

seffrican
April 30th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I am not recalling the name but I am more of a visual person. If I see your avatar, then I might remember. :) :welcome:

Look again, I uploaded my usual avatar :)

Hello Howzit Broer!

Lekker by die see ne, en ook met iets wat werk, maar dis eintlik nie hulle skuld nie !

Stompie

Howzit Stompie, jong! Ek het nie gerealiseer dat jy in Engeland lewe. Ek hoop dit gaan ook goed vir jou.

Welcome! It is good to get away from the vanished board, and welcome to this wonderful site!

That's very generous, and I'm flattered to be made that offer by someone of your standing.

And to the rest of you who said hello, thanks for the warmth.

Greg Minuskin
April 30th, 2013, 11:01 AM
My pleasure! Really like your Avatar by the way. What is really neat about this board is that you are free to be yourself, and express yourself about pens the way you like too.

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

KrazyIvan
April 30th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I do remember now. :D

mhguda
April 30th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I remember you too. Regelmatige bijdragen en altijd interessant.

southpaw52
April 30th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Greetings and welcome to where true FPGeeks hang out.

Bogon07
April 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Hiya Seffrican and welcome to the FPG forum.

fountainpenkid
April 30th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Welcome!

jbb
April 30th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Welcome!

ethernautrix
April 30th, 2013, 05:49 PM
I recognize your squirrelly avatar! Hello!

cedargirl
April 30th, 2013, 06:06 PM
You are truly welcome.

Waski_the_Squirrel
April 30th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Glad to meet my fellow squirrel from the other board!

thagbert
April 30th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the fold!

whych
May 1st, 2013, 01:59 AM
Hello Howzit Broer!
Stompie
Stange how living on an island and never that far from the sea, I have been to/seen the sea less here than I did living in Jo'burg!
Water's too cold in any case.

I think we all need our fix of pens and just arrived here looking for that fix.

seffrican
May 1st, 2013, 04:49 AM
Wow, it's like everyone I remember from the other place is already here now. Very homely. :D

Hello Howzit Broer!
Stompie
Stange how living on an island and never that far from the sea, I have been to/seen the sea less here than I did living in Jo'burg!
Water's too cold in any case.

I think we all need our fix of pens and just arrived here looking for that fix.

The water's too cold on the Atlantic side of Cape Town too. Here in Europe, I solved it by moving somewhere that's next to a lake.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful penmanship displayed on here, Stompie.

whych
May 1st, 2013, 06:03 AM
The water's too cold on the Atlantic side of Cape Town too. Here in Europe, I solved it by moving somewhere that's next to a lake.

Getting off topic, but the Atlantic side of Cape Town is fine. The water keeps your beer/wine cold and when you are hot it's refreshing to swim in, unlike Durban, say where the water is the same as the outside almost. Atlantic in Cape Town is much warmer than the water around here.
Cape Town is one of the few places where, in summer, you can go to the beach no matter which way the wind is blowing: Sout easter - go to Atlantic side, Anything from the west - go to Muizenberg side.
Not many places on the sea can give you that.

OcalaFlGuy
May 1st, 2013, 06:35 AM

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com
Hey this is Great News!

Does this mean that you'll answer a question for me as a FPGeeks member that you Won't answer for me Because I'm
a FPN member?

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Stefan
May 1st, 2013, 06:42 AM
[QUOTE=Stefan;23325].

My last 12 years in SA, I lived in Amanzimtoti, right on the beach and hardly ever got to go swim in the ocean!!!!

hari317
May 1st, 2013, 09:30 AM
Hi Seffrican, I just came here a few days back, but welcome!

tandaina
May 1st, 2013, 09:43 AM
Welcome! It is nice here!

seffrican
May 1st, 2013, 10:22 AM

Getting off topic, but the Atlantic side of Cape Town is fine. The water keeps your beer/wine cold and when you are hot it's refreshing to swim in, unlike Durban, say where the water is the same as the outside almost. Atlantic in Cape Town is much warmer than the water around here.
Cape Town is one of the few places where, in summer, you can go to the beach no matter which way the wind is blowing: Sout easter - go to Atlantic side, Anything from the west - go to Muizenberg side.
Not many places on the sea can give you that.

You have a very rosy recollection. I remember swimming at Clifton. Two minutes in the water, then lie in the sun for thirty minutes to become so hot one can' bear it, then two minutes in the water to freeze nearly to death before repeating it all again.

Nowadays this could be the basis for a reality show.

[QUOTE=Stefan;23325].

My last 12 years in SA, I lived in Amanzimtoti, right on the beach and hardly ever got to go swim in the ocean!!!!

Better that way, dealing with sharks is not my idea of a relaxing time!

Hi Seffrican, I just came here a few days back, but welcome!

Hey Hari, I saw that you'd arrived here too, looking forward to seeing your posts. I haven't been to WUS for over a year, are you still there as well?

Welcome! It is nice here!

Thanks, you were one of the first whose sudden absence I noticed at the other place.

Happy inking, everyone.

hari317
May 1st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Hey Hari, I saw that you'd arrived here too, looking forward to seeing your posts. I haven't been to WUS for over a year, are you still there as well?

Thank you. yes very much active at WUS still.