PDA

View Full Version : parker 51 broken feeder tube

Pelikan-Vera2
October 21st, 2017, 12:31 PM
Hello Geeks
can somebody tell me how to get the broken feeder tube out of the feed of my red 51 aero? also while iI am at it I would like to get the sac protector off to install a new sac? any suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you all for your help.
Vera

Anne
October 21st, 2017, 01:14 PM
I am sure there are other ways, but Pentooling sells a kit of drill bits ( if you have one that is SMALL enough, that might work ).
It is shown halfway down the page here: http://www.pentooling.com/files.html

Pelikan-Vera2
October 21st, 2017, 01:55 PM
Thank you Anne for the tip. Vera

ac12
October 21st, 2017, 02:28 PM
If the sac is not damaged, don't replace it.
Your new sac will get stained anyway. These sacs will NOT remain clear.

ms8109
October 21st, 2017, 03:57 PM
Hello Geeks
can somebody tell me how to get the broken feeder tube out of the feed of my red 51 aero? also while iI am at it I would like to get the sac protector off to install a new sac? any suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you all for your help.
Vera

You will have to find a drill bit small enough and very carefully hand spin it to get the old feeder tube out. I have one, but cannot remember it’s exact size. You may have to go to a model store as they have all minature stuff like drill bits that would fit! Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Regards,
Mike

Farmboy
October 21st, 2017, 06:35 PM
Better to use an appropriate sized tap than drill. Run the tap into the remainder of the tube then heat the feed and pull out the tap with the remnants attached.

Pelikan-Vera2
October 21st, 2017, 11:48 PM
Oh thank you all for your suggestions. I guess this is not easy...and I do not have taps this small. Might have to send it off for repair. I guessed that when it started rattling that this was bad news all along. Diolch, Danke and Thank you all. Vera

welch
October 22nd, 2017, 09:18 AM
If the sac is not damaged, don't replace it.
Your new sac will get stained anyway. These sacs will NOT remain clear.

As ac12 says, don't replace a P-51 aerometric sac unless it has a cut or puncture. They last forever...Parker had a special sac made using a new material...NOT rubber.

Pelikan-Vera2
October 22nd, 2017, 09:45 AM
okay all i have been to my local Axminster and have hand drilled the tube out. what is the size of the plastic tubing that is used to replace the silver tube? Vera

GAtkins
November 14th, 2017, 07:41 AM
For future reference, the tap size is 00-90, or a numbered drill of equivalent size. It needs to bigger than the inside of the breather tube and smaller than the breather tube hole in the feed.

Glenn

Farmboy
November 14th, 2017, 09:24 PM
18 gauge thin wall stainless tubing works well.