PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Waterman #7 Pink

Vintage-Nibs
October 21st, 2017, 09:05 PM
This is one of the highly regarded Waterman #7 Pink nibbed fountain pens. This pen has been fully restored and is working perfectly. As its reputation was have you think, this pen is truly amazing.

Body - I find that it is quite rare to find a Waterman number 7 black celluloid body with the the correct pink dot and the terraced cap. (IMO rarer than red ripple because of the less years the celluloid was put out and that hard rubber is very sturdy. However this is my opinion and not a proven fact) The grip is hard rubber, however when I first got it, it was pretty oxidized. I applied Syd Saperstein's Pen Potion 9 black hard rubber on it and it is a uniform black now. This potion is highly regarded in the restoration community as an effective reblackener for oxidized hard rubber. The reblackening also helps to ensure the longevity of the hard rubber.

Nib - This is NOT a wet noodle nib. However is the most responsive nib that I've ever had the pleasure to use. If you see the writing sample you can see the exact moment where I applied pressure and where I didn't. Compared with dip nibs, there are no comparable nibs. Not even the leonardt principal nib can compare to the level of responsiveness. It can spread to 2mm but far easier about 1.5mm range. It's about an xxf to a BB/BBB.

Looking for 1000, but open to offers or trades

Vintage-Nibs
October 22nd, 2017, 03:57 PM
bump

Vintage-Nibs
October 23rd, 2017, 01:01 PM
bump

Vintage-Nibs
October 24th, 2017, 02:12 PM
bump

popcod
October 24th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Out of consideration for other members, don't you think these daily bumps are a little much?

Vintage-Nibs
October 26th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Discount bump

Vintage-Nibs
October 28th, 2017, 02:55 PM
bump

Vintage-Nibs
October 31st, 2017, 10:37 AM
bump

Vintage-Nibs
November 2nd, 2017, 04:05 PM
bump