PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new member here, but long time user of fp's

I like mango pudding
April 30th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Hey there.

Was a bit bored at work and started surfing the net for a new forum to join. I saw the "other" forum a few weeks ago and was going to join them but decided against it at that time. So I'm on the net again and find this forum. Seems much better than the "other" forum. Besides that forum is down. I like the dark side! That forum seemed a bit "pretentious"

I've been writing with fp's since my days in university, but they were the cheap ones you get in a stationery store, not a pen store. They did the job. I only recently decided to upgrade and got a MB Meisterstuck Classique last year. I already have a rollerball from my university days, so this one complimented that one really well.

Earlier this year I picked up my second MB, the MB Boheme. I'm use to the fatter pens now. Not sure when I'll go back to the thinner profile Meisterstuck.

Anyways, as for ink, I've been using Parker Quink, till a MB authorized dealer told me to use MB ink exclusively. Being naive I bought a bottle. Plus the bottle looks so cool! I got midnight blue. Not sure if I am a fan of it yet. Only used it once and haven't refilled yet.

Hope to be a contributing member in a positive way!:wave:

(don't even ask about my username.)

KrazyIvan
April 30th, 2013, 04:15 PM
You like the Dark Side and I like mango pudding. It's all good. :welcome:

fountainpenkid
April 30th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Mango pudding sounds interesting...Welcome!

Bogon07
April 30th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Hi ILMP welcome to the FPG forum. Watch out for the Daakusaido there in lies the Dark Side, Dark Matter and Dark Light.

thagbert
April 30th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Welcome the fold!!!

Hah! Just looked up the definition of fold.

Here is what I found;

1. A fenced enclosure for domestic animals, especially sheep. 2. The sheep enclosed in such a pen. 3. A flock of sheep. 4. A church and its members. 5. Any group of people bound together by common beliefs and aims, or by mutual loyalty.

Does that mean we are all sheep when it comes to fountain pens?

caribbean_skye
April 30th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Welcome welcome.

I can't say I've had mango pudding, but I do enjoy mango sorbet.

Nomdeplume
April 30th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Hi!
I'm still trying to figure out all the threads to find my "fit" so I've been pulling up the "new posts" just to see who is where!
I'm an 'amasser' of all kinds of pens and I USE all, so none that are "collectors" to be protected from use!

reprieve
April 30th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Hello hello! I like your nom de plume.

I like mango pudding
April 30th, 2013, 08:59 PM
hey thanks for warm welcome guys.

I got two thanks already!!! cool

I also like ice cream, and anything sorbet.

oh, sorry , wrong forum.

writingrav
April 30th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Hey there.

Was a bit bored at work and started surfing the net for a new forum to join. I saw the "other" forum a few weeks ago and was going to join them but decided against it at that time. So I'm on the net again and find this forum. Seems much better than the "other" forum. Besides that forum is down. I like the dark side! That forum seemed a bit "pretentious"

I've been writing with fp's since my days in university, but they were the cheap ones you get in a stationery store, not a pen store. They did the job. I only recently decided to upgrade and got a MB Meisterstuck Classique last year. I already have a rollerball from my university days, so this one complimented that one really well.

Earlier this year I picked up my second MB, the MB Boheme. I'm use to the fatter pens now. Not sure when I'll go back to the thinner profile Meisterstuck.

Anyways, as for ink, I've been using Parker Quink, till a MB authorized dealer told me to use MB ink exclusively. Being naive I bought a bottle. Plus the bottle looks so cool! I got midnight blue. Not sure if I am a fan of it yet. Only used it once and haven't refilled yet.

Hope to be a contributing member in a positive way!:wave:

(don't even ask about my username.)

Welcome to the madness. Indulge. You've chosen the right forum.

cedargirl
April 30th, 2013, 11:37 PM
You're welcome indeed.

ThriveToScribe
April 30th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Welcome welcome.

I can't say I've had mango pudding, but I do enjoy mango sorbet.

Me, too---just discovered Edy's fruit bars, and they have mango! Perfect after mowing the lawn in the heat.

jor412
May 1st, 2013, 02:41 AM
Hello :)

chiaroscuro
May 1st, 2013, 02:28 PM
Cool name. Welcome