PDA

View Full Version : PEOPLE!

ethernautrix
April 30th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Hello, my people! I mean, my tribe, not my minions. My minions aren't people but invisible beings disguised as wishes.

So... I had almost 13,000 posts at FPN. After just more than five years -- not quite 10,000 "official" (meaning, I spent a lot of time Chattering) -- and here I am, at, what? Ten? I MUST FIX THIS.

So, hello! Just wait 'til I figure out the threads and things. Hahaha.

Nice. Feels good here.

Cheers, Dan and Eric!

tiffanyhenschel
April 30th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you here :)

caribbean_skye
April 30th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Welcome welcome.

Does that mean you went to Prague and Poland Pen show and not the one in Atlanta? I still blame you (fondly of course) for my wanting Nakaya's after you so graciously let me doodle with yours in Atlanta last year. Happy to see you here. BTW, where's the 1/2 of the cloud?

jbb
April 30th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Greetings! It just keeps getting more and more like home here. :tea:

I never knew that chat posts didn't count.

ethernautrix
April 30th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Hahaha! This is great! It's like the party petered out and the people who weren't ready to go home came over here instead.

Feels all homey and fun. I LIKE IT!

ethernautrix
April 30th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Welcome welcome.

Does that mean you went to Prague and Poland Pen show and not the one in Atlanta? I still blame you (fondly of course) for my wanting Nakaya's after you so graciously let me doodle with yours in Atlanta last year. Happy to see you here. BTW, where's the 1/2 of the cloud?

Yes, the Poland Pen Show, which I highly recommend to all. And Poland. And Prague.

Well... can't say as I feel too badly about cursing you with Nakaya-want; I figure it's bound to happen.

As for the 1/2 cloud... let's just say that perfection isn't a location, thus... Cloud 8-1/2. It's still a sweet place.

earthdawn
April 30th, 2013, 06:40 PM
HEY !!!

Last I saw from you was a tweet I think.. or FB... saying you were exhausted in the Prague airport lol

That must have been some trip !

Good to see your back and here with us.

I guess its time to boost up the Nakaya threads here.

KrazyIvan
April 30th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Waves and welcomes you to the Dark Side.

Jon Szanto
April 30th, 2013, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yepsv842U

earthdawn
April 30th, 2013, 07:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yepsv842U

LOL... Thats funny as we just finished watching "The Guilt Trip" tonight !!!!

Greg Minuskin
April 30th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Welcome! You will find the folks here really nice, and a wonderful place to have fun with pens!

If there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com

Bogon07
April 30th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Hi Ethernautrix and welcome to the FPG forum.

crazystan
April 30th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Welcome!

While we never had a formal conversation over 'there', we've criss-crossed threads a few times. Glad to see you over here!

ethernautrix
April 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Doing the *Over Here* dance. Uh, Jon? May I?

ethernautrix
April 30th, 2013, 07:54 PM
HEY !!!

Last I saw from you was a tweet I think.. or FB... saying you were exhausted in the Prague airport lol

That must have been some trip !

Good to see your back and here with us.

I guess its time to boost up the Nakaya threads here.

FB. YES! It was a magical trip! I went to the first ever Poland Pen Show in Katowice, too, and it was... GREAT! And I'm planning to go to the second one next year, cos that's how good it was. And I encourage all to go, too. Let's have a big USA contingent attend the second ever Poland Pen Show! They are good people and would love to have us!

You can tell it's true cos of all the exclamation points!

P.S. And we should all bring our Nakayas, cos... that's what we do...!

reprieve
April 30th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Hello hello! I'm so glad you're here! :dance3:

Trivan
April 30th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Nakaya Nakaya!! Not sure about Poland, but I have my hotel booked for Washington DC.

writingrav
April 30th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

Jon Szanto
April 30th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Doing the *Over Here* dance. Uh, Jon? May I?

ethernautrix
April 30th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Nakaya! Nakaya! Y'all!

Wheeee! Love this place!

Stefan
May 1st, 2013, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=ethernautrix;23601]

QUOTE]

Hellooooo, nice to see you here, too!

Jon Szanto
May 1st, 2013, 12:15 AM
To end the day:

Come on people now,
smile on your brother,
everybody get together,
try to love one another, right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4fWN6VvgKQ

Toffer
May 1st, 2013, 01:55 AM
Hello hello, I don't think its going to take you long to get your post count up! :)

ethernautrix
May 1st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Hello hello, I don't think its going to take you long to get your post count up! :)

I am a bit chatty, it's true. And everyone's so friendly!

caribbean_skye
May 1st, 2013, 11:06 AM
Yes, the Poland Pen Show, which I highly recommend to all. And Poland. And Prague.

Well... can't say as I feel too badly about cursing you with Nakaya-want; I figure it's bound to happen.

As for the 1/2 cloud... let's just say that perfection isn't a location, thus... Cloud 8-1/2. It's still a sweet place.

Loved Poland and Prague, too bad they didn't have shows while I was living in Germany (didn't know about FPN or FPG back then otherwise I'd have gone to all of the European shows). Glad to hear you had a wonderful time.

I need to win the lottery so I can indulge in my Nakaya-want. Until then I'll just have to drool, look at their website and add more of their pens to my want list.

southpaw52
May 1st, 2013, 01:19 PM
Greetings and welcome to FPGeeks.

fountainpenkid
May 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM
Welcome famous FPNer!

I like mango pudding
May 1st, 2013, 01:52 PM
wow. what's with all the hate with FPN??? I mean a bit pretentious but...

anyways, I am NOT an FPN refugee, just a bored office worker with time to kill and internet to surf.

ethernautrix
May 1st, 2013, 02:14 PM

anyways, I am NOT an FPN refugee, just a bored office worker with time to kill and internet to surf.

What hate? Who's hating FPN in this thread? I'm still waiting for FPN to come back up so I can see what's what and all that. Expressing joy over being HERE doesn't mean I'm happy FPN is down. Do you know how many friends I made because of FPN?! People in actual life?! So many! I don't hate FPN.

I like mango pudding
May 1st, 2013, 02:48 PM

What hate? Who's hating FPN in this thread? I'm still waiting for FPN to come back up so I can see what's what and all that. Expressing joy over being HERE doesn't mean I'm happy FPN is down. Do you know how many friends I made because of FPN?! People in actual life?! So many! I don't hate FPN.

okay, wrong words.

I have the same thing happening in one of the other discussion boards that I regulary visit. In fact they use the "Dark Side" as well. There's quite a noticeable difference in posts and mod intervetion in each of those forums. Like just now, there is open chatter about the draconian rulings of mods and free ranging bannings of long time members there in my other forums.

I recall reading a post on this forum about the new rules on FPN caused quite a bit of consternation amongst people, enough to openly comment (criticize???) about it.

KrazyIvan
May 1st, 2013, 02:54 PM
[mechanical breath] Someone say Dark Side?[/mechanical breath]

Annie
May 1st, 2013, 03:30 PM
Hi. Welcome to Mellowville. How's your post count? What pens you got? Bought any ink? Have fun and enjoy your pens... :)

ethernautrix
May 1st, 2013, 03:32 PM
okay, wrong words.

I have the same thing happening in one of the other discussion boards that I regulary visit. In fact they use the "Dark Side" as well. There's quite a noticeable difference in posts and mod intervetion in each of those forums. Like just now, there is open chatter about the draconian rulings of mods and free ranging bannings of long time members there in my other forums.

Oh yeah, plenty of emotional responses in other threads. In fact, I agree that it is shocking that three very kind, generous, not-boat-rocking members were banned (or temporarily suspended) without notice for asking questions. But I didn't say anything about that in this thread.

Yes, criticism in other threads and strong emotions. People are upset about bad treatment. Not surprisingly.

Still, I won't throw the baby out with the bath water. I'm... still waiting, collecting data, to measure out the result of the FPN meltdown.

ethernautrix
May 1st, 2013, 03:32 PM
[mechanical breath] Someone say Dark Side?[/mechanical breath]

This made me giggle, imagining Darth Vader popping in, saying that, hahaha! So funny!

ethernautrix
May 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
Hi. Welcome to Mellowville. How's your post count? What pens you got? Bought any ink? Have fun and enjoy your pens... :)

Just bought sepia samples from the Goulets about a half-hour ago -- for a friend. (No, really, they aren't for me. Why wouldn't you believe me?)

The Noodler's Apache Sunset, THAT's for me.

Also, hello, Annie! Nice to meet you.

CS388
May 1st, 2013, 03:49 PM
Hello ethernautrix,

Nice to see you - and many other familiar names - over here. Looks like a good place.

I liked your comment about not throwing the baby out with the bath water. Very apposite.

Enjoy.

audadvnc
May 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Yikes, it's like having the Queen of England join you for tea and crumpets.

We're painting the roses red!

seffrican
May 2nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Hi Lisa, it's good to see you on any forum, for the energy and happiness you bring, not to mention the dancing and the Nakayas.

thagbert
May 2nd, 2013, 09:29 AM
Hello, my people! I mean, my tribe, not my minions. My minions aren't people but invisible beings disguised as wishes.

So... I had almost 13,000 posts at FPN. After just more than five years -- not quite 10,000 "official" (meaning, I spent a lot of time Chattering) -- and here I am, at, what? Ten? I MUST FIX THIS.

Nice. Feels good here.

Cheers, Dan and Eric!

13,000?!? Impressive!

Jon Szanto
May 2nd, 2013, 11:09 AM
13,000?!? Impressive!
There are days where she brought the entire Internet to a halt, single-handedly. Well, double-handedly...

cwent2
May 2nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Wondering how a newbie, (that would be me) says welcome (looks at member map yep only one in RI) Well, welcome to Geekdom!

ethernautrix
May 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Yikes, it's like having the Queen of England join you for tea and crumpets.

We're painting the roses red!

BOB!

ethernautrix
May 2nd, 2013, 12:13 PM

Nice. Feels good here.

Cheers, Dan and Eric!

13,000?!? Impressive!

Well... I'm not saying anything about the content. (*Laughs*) I'm not confusing my own quantity with quality. Also, that was over a span of five+ years, and I was by no means the most prolific poster. But... I am chatty. Hahaha. (And "laughy.")

ethernautrix
May 2nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
13,000?!? Impressive!
There are days where she brought the entire Internet to a halt, single-handedly. Well, double-handedly...

LET THE MYTHOLOGIZING BEGIN!

Teeheehee!

ethernautrix
May 2nd, 2013, 12:14 PM
Wondering how a newbie, (that would be me) says welcome (looks at member map yep only one in RI) Well, welcome to Geekdom!

Rhode Island! I lived for a time in Rhode Island, some years. Get nostalgic about it, dare I say, miss it sometimes? Yeah.

Thanks, cwent2!

Frank
May 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
Great to see you here!

;)

Jon Szanto
May 2nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
LET THE MYTHOLOGIZING BEGIN!

(Can you tell I'm desperately delaying doing yard work at the other house in 90 degree weather??)

reprieve
May 2nd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Jon, I'm starting to think that you're the most interesting poster on FPGeeks.

ethernautrix
May 2nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Hahaha!

Jon, you know more than just one woman with 13,000 posts at FPN. Deirdre surpassed that marker long, long ago!

You know what? That yard work doesn't need to get done today. I say PLAY ON THE INTERNET! Hooray!

cwent2
May 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM

Rhode Island! I lived for a time in Rhode Island, some years. Get nostalgic about it, dare I say, miss it sometimes? Yeah.

Thanks, cwent2!
Yes, born and raised in RI = spent 20 years in USAF and came back - As someone would say the FORCE was strong. I knew there was a reason I like Fountain Pens - NOSTALGIC - yeah that's it.

ethernautrix
May 2nd, 2013, 02:19 PM
Oh yeah, all the natives return to the RI roost! How do you think I ended up there? Married an "ex" Rhode Islander. He swore he would never return! Then one day, I was waking up every day for seven years in Rhode Island. Hahaha. He's still there. Wonderful ex. I mean that with affection.

Jon Szanto
May 2nd, 2013, 07:21 PM
Jon, I'm starting to think that you're the most interesting poster on FPGeeks.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/EnvoyC/emotes/bouncers.gifhttp://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/EnvoyC/emotes/bouncers.gifhttp://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/EnvoyC/emotes/bouncers.gif

OakIris
May 3rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
A late :welcome: to you, Lisa. I was so happy to see you and Jon and many others here as well. Home away from home or maybe a new home??

I am hoping that FPN recovers some day; no hate here, just some sorrow and disbelief about what has happened to some very fine people. Inexplicable, really.... Lucky for us, FP Geeks is a very nice place to be and we have been made welcome here!

Off topic: More Rhode Island love from me, too - I lived there from my kindergarten days through high school. I no longer have ties there so doubt that I will ever get back for a visit but I miss all of the green (trees, shrubs, etc.,) the ocean, the autumn..... Guess I miss New England in general, but here I am in land-locked Colorado...which has its own unique beauty.

Holly

Jimothy
May 3rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
I just stepped over from FPN too. Nice to see you here :)

jor412
May 3rd, 2013, 09:17 PM
Hello :) I'm a Nakaya fan with no Nakayas -- still in the dreaming about them stage.

soot
May 4th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Hey ethernautrix~

I am presenting my first FPG post to you! :-D

Now, let me go see some pen reviews and other stuff...

cwent2
May 4th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Oh yeah, all the natives return to the RI roost! How do you think I ended up there? Married an "ex" Rhode Islander. He swore he would never return! Then one day, I was waking up every day for seven years in Rhode Island. Hahaha. He's still there. Wonderful ex. I mean that with affection.

Well, what can I say, my father told me not to do two things - don't join the air force and don't buy this house (referring to family home where I was born) - Well retired from the USAF and came home and bought the farm. But as you can see I did not kick the bucket.

79spitfire
May 4th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Glad to be in the forum 'presence' of the famous photographer....

She is on the list of top ten famous people who use fountain pens....

ethernautrix
May 6th, 2013, 10:15 AM

Well, what can I say, my father told me not to do two things - don't join the air force and don't buy this house (referring to family home where I was born) - Well retired from the USAF and came home and bought the farm. But as you can see I did not kick the bucket.

Haa! My ex always said that he would never return to Rhode Island, and then when we were living there, he always talked about leaving, and then I left, and he was still talking about leaving, and then he moved into his childhood home (bequeathed to him) and still talked about moving elsewhere, and I finally said, "You know what? You don't want to leave. Living in your childhood home is just about as opposite to leaving as you can get." We laughed. As far as I know (haven't talked to him in a coupla years), he's happy where he is. Hooray!