PDA

View Full Version : Odd request

Silverbreeze
November 1st, 2017, 11:36 AM
I have a Napkin Forever pen or whatever it actually should be classified as

I want some know how well it survives a trip through the Postal service on standard carts

Anyone willing to receive a card and either reply to me or post here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIR
November 1st, 2017, 12:51 PM
Since the writing is caused by reaction with the paper, all should arrive pretty much as sent, i reckon.

VertOlive
November 1st, 2017, 12:52 PM
Sure, ship it down here.

Lady Onogaro
November 1st, 2017, 01:21 PM
I'll do it, too, Silverbreeze.

Silverbreeze
November 1st, 2017, 04:25 PM
Since the writing is caused by reaction with the paper, all should arrive pretty much as sent, i reckon.

If I understand the science, it is a bit of a chemical reaction to the paper and then oxidation. So I am writing with rust and there may be a bit of an iron GALL type of darkening of the grey line

oldstoat
November 2nd, 2017, 04:23 PM
Send it across the Atlantic and I'll reply

VertOlive
November 6th, 2017, 11:24 AM
OK Tom, I got it.

What was the question again?

The outside address is fine, even after getting damp. The inside has a line written in pencil.Then further lines are written with Napkin Forever that are very light grey.
Does that help?

Lady Onogaro
November 6th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Like you, Tom, on the card (sent inside an envelope), I found that the Napkin forever writing tool is not distinguishable from a pencil. Well, maybe the pencil is a little darker. Mostly, though, I think they look pretty much the same.

On the postcard, Napkin Forever didn't do so well. The writing is pretty light compared to the writing inside the card you sent. Should I send the postcard back to you in an envelope so you can see it? I can read the message on the postcard, no problem. It's just not very dark, which may have to do with the paper of the postcard and not only exposure to the elements.

Silverbreeze
November 6th, 2017, 05:22 PM
OK Tom, I got it.

The outside address is fine, even after getting damp. The inside has a line written in pencil.Then further lines are written with Napkin Forever that are very light grey.
Does that help?

So basically if you weren't told you would assume pencil or a fine grey ink right

Lady Onogaro
November 6th, 2017, 05:24 PM
Both samples definitely look like pencil to me.

VertOlive
November 6th, 2017, 08:44 PM
OK Tom, I got it.

Does that help?

So basically if you weren't told you would assume pencil or a fine grey ink right

Yes.