PDA

View Full Version : KRISHNA INKS: Various swatches

migo984
November 2nd, 2017, 03:59 AM
I posted a review of Krishna Ghat Green yesterday and promised to post swatches of the other Krishna inks that I own. Here are all the Krishna inks that I have at present. I will post more detailed reviews of some of them later. Let me know if you're interested in any particular colours.

urushi4u
November 2nd, 2017, 04:06 AM
Solid colour range, very nice.

migo984
November 2nd, 2017, 05:05 AM
Solid colour range, very nice.

There are quite a few more - I haven't yet explored their blue, turquoise or teal shades.

fountainpagan
November 2nd, 2017, 06:36 AM
Nice swatches. Thank you.

It must be my screen, but brown pink looks very pink, and not at all brown.

migo984
November 2nd, 2017, 07:12 AM
Nice swatches. Thank you.

It must be my screen, but brown pink looks very pink, and not at all brown.

You are right. Although all the other swatches are good representations, I just couldn't capture the Brown Pink accurately. It might not help that I put it next to a burgundy shade. In reality Brown Pink is a more bright orange-brown, with pink tones. An very unusual colour, definitely not as brown as I expected.

dfo
November 2nd, 2017, 09:03 AM
Ghat Green is my favorite out of the bunch.

Lady Onogaro
November 2nd, 2017, 10:44 AM
There are so many of these I love. I like Orchid Lily, naturally (for me), and Sea and Storm, but I also am very interested in Pencil.

migo984
November 2nd, 2017, 11:44 AM
There are so many of these I love. I like Orchid Lily, naturally (for me), and Sea and Storm, but I also am very interested in Pencil.

Pencil is a really unusual ink. When fresh & wet it is a dirty washed-out pale brown but it dries to the interesting grey-brown you can see above. I shall pop a few samples in the post to you.

migo984
November 2nd, 2017, 11:46 AM
Ghat Green is my favorite out of the bunch.

It certainly stands out amongst all those other pink/purple/brown inks. I'm going to purchase some of their blue/green colours next as I skipped those last time.

Lady Onogaro
November 2nd, 2017, 01:42 PM

Pencil is a really unusual ink. When fresh & wet it is a dirty washed-out pale brown but it dries to the interesting grey-brown you can see above. I shall pop a few samples in the post to you.

Thank you very much, Migo!

BayesianPrior
November 2nd, 2017, 01:48 PM
OOh, lovely. Do you think the Sindhoor is a contender for essential, everyday, no nonsense red?

migo984
November 2nd, 2017, 02:21 PM
OOh, lovely. Do you think the Sindhoor is a contender for essential, everyday, no nonsense red?

It might be a bit too orange for that. It's an eye-catching colour and nicely behaved though.

VertOlive
November 2nd, 2017, 02:49 PM
Like the Pencil and the Sea and Storm! Thanks for a great shopping experience (!)

fountainpagan
November 3rd, 2017, 03:15 AM
Thank you, migo, for your response on pink-brown. I understand better. Anyhow, I have KWZ's and love it.

Pencil looks light violet on screen, but I have seen other reviews that corroborate your description of it. I have been wanting to get it. I think I will, yes. ;-)

migo984
November 3rd, 2017, 03:22 AM
Thank you, migo, for your response on pink-brown. I understand better. Anyhow, I have KWZ's and love it.

Pencil looks light violet on screen, but I have seen other reviews that corroborate your description of it. I have been wanting to get it. I think I will, yes. ;-)

I agree. I prefer the KWZ ink too. But Krishna Pencil is unusual enough to keep a place in my ink cupboard.
It is also VERY paper dependent. I've used it for pen and wash sketching on Stilman and Birn Epsilon paper with great results.