PDA

View Full Version : How to delete/cancel account?

TSherbs
November 2nd, 2017, 07:51 AM
Can anyone help me with how to cancel/delete my account here? I cannot find any buttons or instructions on how to do this. I have written admin with the same request, but I don't know if I will hear back anytime soon. Thanks.

SIR
November 2nd, 2017, 08:14 AM
vBulletin is admin only for account deletion...
https://www.accountkiller.com/en/delete-vbulletin-account

penwash
November 2nd, 2017, 08:26 AM
T, why leave?

You know what some of us are trying to do here.

I really don't get how you think. Your position seem to be defending the righteous and the just but when faced with the fact that we're trying to generate good traffic in a quiet forum and make it useful for everyone, you opted to leave.

Why not stay and help out?

Pterodactylus
November 2nd, 2017, 08:54 AM
I also canīt understand this request.

Is it because of the recent Lounge thread?
This would be a really disproportionate reaction.
Nobody had the intention to offend you.

jar
November 2nd, 2017, 09:25 AM
It's Hotel California.

SIR
November 2nd, 2017, 09:28 AM
It's Hotel California.

I'd say it's The House of The Rising Sun (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_the_Rising_Sun) ;)

mhosea
November 2nd, 2017, 10:03 AM
Why anybody would want to walk away from Rep Power 5? So it's all for nothing?

TSherbs
November 2nd, 2017, 10:07 AM
vBulletin is admin only for account deletion...
https://www.accountkiller.com/en/delete-vbulletin-account

thanks

TSherbs
November 2nd, 2017, 12:30 PM
T, why leave?

You know what some of us are trying to do here.

I really don't get how you think. Your position seem to be defending the righteous and the just but when faced with the fact that we're trying to generate good traffic in a quiet forum and make it useful for everyone, you opted to leave.

Why not stay and help out?

Thanks, Will.

No one gets how I think, which is fine. I am sorry about confusion and lack of clarity in my motivation. This is just dalliance and procrastination for me for the most part, so likely some of the time I am just careless. But I am also 60 years old and a teacher and very sincere. Occasionally my earnestness gets the best of me among strangers here. I apologize.

I am mostly done with my pen and ink purchasing, so I am much less interested in learning new things about pens, inks, care, and maintenance, so that energy of the learning curve is dissipating. Natural growth curve now on decline. I don't have much interest in doing reviews (I never have). I don't even own a camera except for the chintzy one on my cheap Chinese Android phone. I rarely ever take pictures with it, even of family. Just not my thing. But I understand your interest in bolstering the content here. If you have the energy and interest, go for it.

The deletion of my account would help to keep me from visiting compulsively. I have no personal stake in this, nor any sense of having been offended (as someone else suggested here). I am not learning much and not enjoying myself. This hasn't been the place for me for some time, but occasionally I have slid into the false hope that my presence and point of view would change the nature of the dynamic (in a few limited ways). But that is delusional thinking, as it always is. FPGeeks isn't broken or in need of fixing, nor anything like that. It is what it is. I need to make the change in myself and move on.

I am quite a bit more comfortable at FPN and will continue there a bit longer to see if that is good for me. If I feel the same way there, I will end that involvement too. Best wishes.

urushi4u
November 2nd, 2017, 01:09 PM
Nah don't do it.

Lady Onogaro
November 2nd, 2017, 01:45 PM
Maybe take a break, but don't leave.

VertOlive
November 2nd, 2017, 03:01 PM

Wait. You mean I can trade Rep Power for cars or cash?!

mhosea
November 2nd, 2017, 03:46 PM

I don't know about the cars, but I think the cash redemption value is 0.001 cents per point, basically like grocery coupon. But the POWER! I was going to say, in my best Darth Vader voice, that "You don't know the power...", but then your rep power is 8, and mine is only 6, so obviously you do.

jacksterp
November 3rd, 2017, 10:29 AM
In my experience with many other fora - you just ride off into the sunset.

i.e. cease posting and 'contributing'

Wile E Coyote
November 4th, 2017, 04:29 AM

As a matter of fact you can trade rep power for a car. You'll need at least 10 for a 1985 Yugo though and it might need some work.

Chrissy
November 4th, 2017, 05:40 AM

As a matter of fact you can trade rep power for a car. You'll need at least 10 for a 1985 Yugo though and it might need some work.

At the rate I'm going that will take me at least another 5 years. ;)

AzJon
November 4th, 2017, 08:40 AM

And here I thought it would get you a Reliant!