PDA

View Full Version : SOLD US $100 Amazon Gift Card

BayesianPrior
November 2nd, 2017, 04:50 PM
I was given an Amazon gift card worth US $100. Unfortunately it cannot be applied to purchases on amazon.co.uk, and any purchases from amazon.com attract a chunky shipping charge.

So, I'd like to sell it for about $100. If you want something from amazon.com, I'll order it for you and you can PayPal me the money.

Chrissy
November 2nd, 2017, 05:11 PM
You can use it on Amazon.com for buying many inks or Notebooks from sellers in Japan. Also, if you really search around, there are even some Prime items you can buy to have shipped to the UK that have quite cheap shipping. :)

BayesianPrior
November 3rd, 2017, 02:30 AM
Thanks Chrissy. I will take a look again to see what I can find with that in mind. Maybe this is how my journey down the "Japanese shop exclusive ink" rabbit hole begins...

I've been frustrated by this Amazon Global Shipping program where they collect import duty upfront. Don't they know I live in a tax haven?!

urushi4u
November 3rd, 2017, 03:02 AM
Get some Platinum 3776 action going!

Chrissy
November 3rd, 2017, 03:19 AM
Thanks Chrissy. I will take a look again to see what I can find with that in mind. Maybe this is how my journey down the "Japanese shop exclusive ink" rabbit hole begins...

I've been frustrated by this Amazon Global Shipping program where they collect import duty upfront. Don't they know I live in a tax haven?!
Ahhh. The tax haven part might be a problem for Amazon.com. That's probably an automatic add-on.

However, all you would need to do is to contact them and say that you don't have to pay any tax. Then they can remove it. You can always get Amazon UK to phone you then explain you need to talk to someone on Amazon.com. I have found them very helpful. They even refunded all of the tax and shipping costs for me once.

I wasn't referring to unobtanium Japanese inks on Amazon, but Japanese sellers sell plenty of cheap P.I. inks. You just need to find those that ship free to UK. Some of the Prime ones ship to UK too, for less than $6. :)