PDA

View Full Version : Changing price in Classifieds

FredRydr
November 3rd, 2017, 07:22 AM
I think browsers of the Classifieds like to see the price changes (reductions, of course!), and the only way to see price regression is to leave the old price(s) in place as the new price is added. For example, here is a current thread (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/21907-FS-Pelikn-M800-Renaissance-Brown-Extra-Fine) where the seller just deleted the old price and replaced it with a new price, added a bump post announcing a price change, with browsers becoming confused. Hey, I've been guilty, too.

So, I now use strikeout code: $100$75. Since fpgeeks.com doesn't have strikeout in its format menu, I will illustrate how this is done manually.
- I've added a space after the first bracket so you can see the html code: [ S]$oldprice[ /S]$newprice
- And here it is with those extra spaces removed: $oldprice$newprice.

If you're lazy like me, you can use the menu's BOLD format button and then simply change the B to an S before you save or preview the post.

Have fun.

Fred

BayesianPrior
November 3rd, 2017, 07:46 AM
Great tip, Fred. That's something I try to do in the unfortunate event that my pens don't sell immediately :)