PDA

View Full Version : SOLD WTS: Montblanc 149, Pelikan M1000 - User Grade, Functional w/ Issues

Z-Tab
November 4th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Larger pictures and writing sample: https://imgur.com/a/UjNfm

Two Great Pens! The Pelikan M1000 and Montblanc 149 each have some issues, reflected in their very reasonable prices.

I'll do my best to fully describe everything about these pens!

Pelikan M1000 - 18C Medium nib that has been ground to an Oblique Stub. The grind on the nib gives even more line variation for the already soft M1000 nib. Being oblique and a stub, this nib requires a specific writing angle to be at its best. There are a couple of issues with the pen that drop the price. The clip has a crack in the band where it wraps around the top of the cap, which is pictured. There is some plating loss on the gold trim on the section. And there is a small split in the binde next to the piston turning knob. None of these issues are significant functionally, but if you want a user grade M1000, I'm making the price right. $OLD

Montblanc 149 - 18C Tri-Color Broad nib. This is from the mid-to-late-1960s, judging from the ebonite feed and the press-fit piston mechanism. This is the model that immediately followed the celluloid versions which sell for $2,000+. The nib is the absolute star here. Beautifully smooth Broad nib that has the natural stubby nature that Montblanc's broad nibs have. There is also a good bit of line variation possible. The obvious issue is the missing clip. There is also a hairline crack in the body by the piston turning knob. The pen does not leak at all and the piston is perfectly functional and supremely smooth. Given the hairline crack, I am happy to take a return on this pen if the buyer finds that it leaks at all. Selling at less than parts value at $OLD.

Shipping in the US is included. Payment by Paypal only. International is possible, but depends on where it's going, who is asking, and how you plan to pay.