PDA

View Full Version : Sailor 2013 LE "Sailor" Leiji Matsomoto pen

Sammyo
November 5th, 2017, 09:00 PM
So, for FPD 2017 I got something special...
This is the Sailor 2013 LE "Sailor 9" Leiji Matsomoto pen.
Leiji Matsomoto is a manga and anime artist that is infamous in Japan.
He create such works as Space Battleship Yamato, Queen Emeraldas, Galaxy Express 999 and Captain Harlock: Dimensional Voyage.
Also, for those Daft Punk fans out there, he was the Japanese end and the inspiration for the Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem (Discovery album).

The pen is meant to look like a spaceship and has many nods to Matsumoto's work. The band and nib are etched with Matsumoto's signature and his trademark skull is etched on the cap final. It comes with a special LE Sailor ink, just for this set, and is a really nice blue that looks like a lighter version of Sailor Souten and has all the characteristics you expect from a Sailor ink.

There were only 500 pen sets made, so that also means that there are only 500 bottles of this ink also.

Oh, and did I add that it comes with a pen holster!!

35762 35764
35766 35765
35767 35768
35770 35771

penwash
November 5th, 2017, 10:36 PM
What a cool pen.

I hope one day they will make a Sailor Gundam Wings SE :)

SIR
November 6th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Fancied one of those myself... what is the size like compared to other pens?

Sammyo
November 6th, 2017, 08:20 PM
Ask and thou shalt receive...
Below is what I had to hand in my daily carry bag. If you have any specific pen you would like to see it against let me know and I'll do my best :D
It is a nice length and weight posted for my hands and is very comfortable. It looks skinny next to some other pens, but to me doesn't feel that way in the hand.
I hope this helps and answers your question, if you are ever in the Tochigi/Tokyo area let me know and you can try it for yourself :D

VertOlive
November 6th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Oh that is super! Congrats!

SIR
November 6th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Ask and thou shalt receive...
Below is what I had to hand in my daily carry bag. If you have any specific pen you would like to see it against let me know and I'll do my best :D
It is a nice length and weight posted for my hands and is very comfortable. It looks skinny next to some other pens, but to me doesn't feel that way in the hand.
I hope this helps and answers your question, if you are ever in the Tochigi/Tokyo area let me know and you can try it for yourself :D

It is smaller than i thought it'd be, but looks even better in your photos!
If i ever come to Japan i will assuredly meet you, thanks ;)

Sammyo
November 6th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Oh that is super! Congrats!Thanks :D
I went to buy a Pilot 823 and came home with this lol [emoji38]

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk

Sammyo
November 7th, 2017, 03:46 AM
It is smaller than i thought it'd be, but looks even better in your photos!
If i ever come to Japan i will assuredly meet you, thanks ;)
Thank you, flattery will get you everywhere :D

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk

Dragonmaster Lou
November 9th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Damn... Lucky you! I wish I had one of those pens myself, given how I'm a huge Matsumoto fan.

SIR
November 9th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Damn... Lucky you! I wish I had one of those pens myself, given how I'm a huge Matsumoto fan.
Rakuten is your friend...
https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bungunomori/item/10-5020-440/

Dragonmaster Lou
November 10th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Very true, but I can't quite pull the trigger on spending $400+ for that pen. :)