PDA

View Full Version : Review of Nussbaum Pen Companys "Jon Ross" Fountain Pen in Black Cherry

Trillium
April 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM
It started many months ago.... there was a call for ideas for a name for a new pen line owned by Todd Nussbaum. There were good suggestions, great suggestions and one that will forever remain in my mind....but that is another story. After what felt like ages an announcement was forthcoming that there would four pens available, never before seen, from the Nussbaum Pen Company. Apparently the difficult decision of choosing a name had been made!

In short summation of the pen;
My Nussbaum Pen Company "Jon Ross" in black cherry acrylic arrived swiftly after ordering it. (That surely comes as no surprise to those who have done business with Mr.Nussbaum before....) It was delivered in a leather pocket protector sleeve suitable for daily use. The appearance of the pen was a bit of a surprise as it surpassed expectations born of the website photos. It feels more substantial in my hand than my Pelikan 200, it has more heft and a subtle , difficult to describe feel of substance in hand. There are decorative bands that might tempt some to attempt to unscrew a nonexistent blind cap. Said "furniture" is atttractive and adds to the subtle grace of the pen....not to mention, makes for a decent laugh when your pen posse buddies make a face when the blindcap wont unscrew!
The Jon Ross lays down a nice, even, wet line (Med) right out of the box. For the measley $45 I spent, I was more than pleased. Since I am well known for submitting such eloquent reviews in proper format.....this should serve to prompt you to try one for yourself! Without all of the hoopla....I like it alot and will have more of them.

What do I base my opinion on and to what am I comapring this pen in daily use? Edison Pearl & Collier, Danitrio Hanryo Raw Ebo, Pelikan 200, TWSBI 800, Swan / Mabie Todd w/ Superflex#2....... I have used a few "nice" pens....this is one competes quite well!

drgoretex
May 1st, 2013, 06:38 AM
Sounds great! Have you got any pics to add to the temptation? :)

Ken

Trillium
May 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Well....alright drgortex, you shamed me in to it...lol. I am a horrible photographer, but I did my best!2294

crazystan
May 1st, 2013, 07:46 PM
Great photos. I was wondering about these pens.

Are the threads comfortable that low on the section?

Bogon07
May 1st, 2013, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the review and close ups, especially that one showing the thread on the end of the grip section.
I quite like the look of their more expensive Phoenix series as well.

MarneM
May 2nd, 2013, 05:02 AM
Ooooh. I love the color. Thanks for adding the pictures, Trill. Lovely pen!

jacksterp
May 4th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Been looking forward to reviews of this pen. Sure is pretty!

Thanks for the review and enjoy your new pen!

TMac
May 4th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the review and pictures. I've been waiting to read some reviews of this pen. I've now added it to my purchase soon list.

Frank
May 5th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Great Review Trillium!
Great looking pen!!

Todd (isellpens) is my favorite "Go To" Pen Store!

Regards,
Frank