PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Nakaya Decapod Cigar Aka-Tamenuri 14K Broad Cursive Italic Nib (Mottishaw)

mcmck
November 12th, 2017, 04:54 PM
I'm selling a very lightly used, one month old Nakaya Decapod Cigar in aka-tamenuri. I purchased this pen from nibs.com, and it comes with a 14k Broad gold nib that was customized by John Mottishaw into a cursive italic. This pen, unlike the aka pens of old, has the aka-tamenuri lacquer treatment on the threads and upper section as well. The older versions had black threads and a black upper section. The effect is truly stunning! I have the original box, outer box, box of cartridges, and kimono. Asking price is $668, shipped. US and PayPal only. I will also include one 15ml bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku ink with purchase. I can provide the buyer with a choice from among at least 10 different inks.

Jon Szanto
November 12th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Why no pics? And why does a person buy a pen on this level and sell it a month later?

mcmck
November 12th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Pictures will be posted tomorrow. As for the turn around, I overspent last month on pens. I'm just trying to recoup some funds. I have sold many pens on here and elsewhere. Interesting quote, brother.

Jon Szanto
November 12th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Pictures will be posted tomorrow. As for the turn around, I overspent last month on pens. I'm just trying to recoup some funds. I have sold many pens on here and elsewhere. Interesting quote, brother.

Thanks for the response, no harm intended, just genuinely curious. Best of luck on the sale (consider this a meta-bump for a good pen: my fave nib is a Mottishaw'd Nakaya).

mcmck
November 13th, 2017, 07:12 AM
Pictures are up.