PDA

View Full Version : How to jump to the latest post in a thread

mhguda
May 1st, 2013, 06:18 AM
Hi,
I'm relatively new to the New Posts possibility on the forum, but I've started to really use it as a quick way to find out what is happening Now.
Several threads I'm interested in have hundreds of postings. But when I open such a thread on the New Posts list, it always takes me to #1 post. Is there something I should be doing so I get transported to my latest unread post in such a thread? Without subscribing to all those threads, preferably...

Thanks in advance for your help.

reprieve
May 1st, 2013, 06:37 AM
There's a (very small) round blue bubble with an arrow inside of it just to the left of the thread title. Click on that and it should take you to the last unread post in that thread.

writingrav
May 1st, 2013, 06:39 AM
There's a (very small) round blue bubble with an arrow inside of it just to the left of the thread title. Click on that and it should take you to the last unread post in that thread.

Or a similarly small button to the right of the posters name under the column (third column to the right) that says New Posts

dannzeman
May 1st, 2013, 07:45 AM

mhguda
May 1st, 2013, 07:54 AM
Thanks all, that is helpful. Actually, dannzeman, I did find the double-arrow that goes to the last post. But sometimes I do miss more than just the last post.
But I never really saw the downward double arrows. writingrav, I only see a column titled Last Post, and, see above.
I will try it now. :)

writingrav
May 1st, 2013, 07:58 AM
Thanks all, that is helpful. Actually, dannzeman, I did find the double-arrow that goes to the last post. But sometimes I do miss more than just the last post.
But I never really saw the downward double arrows. writingrav, I only see a column titled Last Post, and, see above.
Right. I eant to say Last Post, but Dan's made it very clear to all.

mhguda
May 1st, 2013, 08:09 AM
Well, it works just as I hoped it would. Thanks again everyone!

dannzeman
May 1st, 2013, 08:42 AM
Sorry about that, I didn't realize there was a difference between the two. I've updated my image above.

KrazyIvan
May 1st, 2013, 10:34 AM
Or just click the thread title and then there is a "View first unread" right next to the Thread tools menu at the top right. I use that option on my iPad just because it is hard to click the little circle with my fat fingers. One extra tap, I know.

mhguda
May 1st, 2013, 10:53 AM
Extra tap, as you say. Also, two "back" taps to go back to the list of new posts - or drop down on the back arrow, then choose.
Boy, these computers are making people lazy... but there you have it. Why use two taps/clicks if one can do the job?

KrazyIvan
May 1st, 2013, 11:05 AM
Extra tap, as you say. Also, two "back" taps to go back to the list of new posts - or drop down on the back arrow, then choose.
Boy, these computers are making people lazy... but there you have it. Why use two taps/clicks if one can do the job?

No back taps, just click "What's New?" at the top. :)

sloegin
May 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
I'm piggybacking on this thread. Would it be possible to add this feature to the brand section's parent folder? That extra click hurts my ocd brain.

dannzeman
May 2nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
I'm piggybacking on this thread. Would it be possible to add this feature to the brand section's parent folder? That extra click hurts my ocd brain.
What do you mean exactly? Get a 'What's New?' button just for the Pens forum?

sloegin
May 2nd, 2013, 01:16 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/sloegin/capture-20130502-141114_zps7c01a408.png (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/sloegin/media/capture-20130502-141114_zps7c01a408.png.html)
Because the space is empty, I have to click on 'Brand Focus' to see what post are new. Does that make more sense?

dannzeman
May 2nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
Sorry, that ability isn't built into vBulletin.

sloegin
May 2nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
No problem. You seemed so open to member considerations I thought I'd ask.