PDA

View Full Version : Monteverde Prima

FP_Nerd_NJ
November 19th, 2017, 05:08 PM
I have a problem with my Prima where when I carry it, I end up with HUGE amounts of Ink inside the cap that can't be cleaned out. Anyone have any suggestions for cleaning? I considered just buying another Prima, but that's pointless lol.

EMQG
November 24th, 2017, 03:00 AM
How are you carrying it?

Fill the cap halfway with water. Plug the cap with your finger. Shake it for a few seconds. Empty it. Repeat.

KrazyIvan
November 24th, 2017, 08:45 PM
I use cotton swabs to mop up inky messes in caps. Using water increases the chance of rusty metal parts in places you can't reach. Make sure your converter is properly seated to avoid messes. If you've pulled the nib and feed, double check you put them back in properly. Sounds like you have an air leak.

Deb
November 25th, 2017, 08:23 AM
I agree with KrazyIvan: water in caps is a no-no. If you have to wash the cap out, naptha will do the job and evaporate leaving no trace and causing no rust. Same goes for the interior of barrels - it can be used to soften and remove hardened sacs.

KrazyIvan
November 25th, 2017, 08:26 PM
I agree with KrazyIvan: water in caps is a no-no. If you have to wash the cap out, naptha will do the job and evaporate leaving no trace and causing no rust. Same goes for the interior of barrels - it can be used to soften and remove hardened sacs.

Oh, I did not know you could use naptha for that! Thanks for the tip.