PDA

View Full Version : What does "Rep Power" mean?

jbb
May 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM
Ooooh, I have a Rep Power of 1. What does that mean?

I like mango pudding
May 1st, 2013, 12:13 PM
I have seen this on my other discussion forums and I believe it's a new addition to Vbulletin forums. If someone likes your post, they give you reputation points. It is essentially a gauge to others to see how good of an advice you give in your posts. At least that is what I was told in my other forum. Click on the star next to the "thanks" and the "hazard !" below your avatar to give reputation to them.

So, in answering your post, I expect rep points in return :)

caribbean_skye
May 1st, 2013, 12:21 PM
Haha not sure, good question. But I was thinking (jokingly) it's how bad your pen reputation is (probably in terms of getting people to buy pens etc).

KrazyIvan
May 1st, 2013, 12:25 PM
It is related to your post count but people can add to your rep power if they so desire. It is the little star icon next to the thanks button. EDIT: Oops too late.

jbb
May 1st, 2013, 12:51 PM
I have seen this on my other discussion forums and I believe it's a new addition to Vbulletin forums. If someone likes your post, they give you reputation points. It is essentially a gauge to others to see how good of an advice you give in your posts. At least that is what I was told in my other forum. Click on the star next to the "thanks" and the "hazard !" below your avatar to give reputation to them.

So, in answering your post, I expect rep points in return :)

I repped you and I'd never repped anyone before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REeeucZtDY0

I like mango pudding
May 1st, 2013, 12:58 PM
woo hooo!!!!

hey, how come my rep power is still 0???

jbb
May 1st, 2013, 01:01 PM
woo hooo!!!!

hey, how come my rep power is still 0???

I tried to Rep you again and It won't let me. Apparently the rep system has some parameters we don't know about.

I like mango pudding
May 1st, 2013, 01:04 PM
aw mang!!!!

I KNEW IT. It's a scam I tell you, a scam, like Amway!

dannzeman
May 1st, 2013, 01:14 PM
Check the FAQ (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation), please.

fountainpenkid
May 1st, 2013, 01:53 PM
I repped you, U like mango pudding, when you first showed up here...maybe 1 "rep" doesn't equal 1 rep power point.

I like mango pudding
May 1st, 2013, 01:55 PM
I repped you, U like mango pudding, when you first showed up here...maybe 1 "rep" doesn't equal 1 rep power point.

cool thanks!

No worries on the rep count thing. I'm not a hoarder of stats, just pens, and coffee machines, (and maybe watches).