PDA

View Full Version : How small is the Diamine 30ml bottle opening, and...

MarkInLondon
November 27th, 2017, 11:23 PM
Will a Visconti HS Maxi fit in there? Those bottles seem like a great way to try the inks, but without being able to fill my daily writer, they might only be frustrating. A Vac-700r should fit, though, right?

dfo
November 28th, 2017, 12:32 AM
I don't know if this helps, but my Pelikan M805 barely fits into the small Diamine bottles. The problem is not whether the pen will fit in the opening—both do—but filling when the bottle gets below half way. The threads catch on the lip of the bottle and the larger Visconti capping lugs will get in the way.

DFO

BayesianPrior
November 28th, 2017, 01:21 AM
I don't know if this helps, but my Pelikan M805 barely fits into the small Diamine bottles. The problem is not whether the pen will fit in the opening—both do—but filling when the bottle gets below half way. The threads catch on the lip of the bottle and the larger Visconti capping lugs will get in the way.

DFO

Which is when that empty bottle of Pelikan Konigsblau or Waterman Florida Blue comes in handy.

dfo
November 28th, 2017, 01:30 AM
genau

DFO

Which is when that empty bottle of Pelikan Konigsblau or Waterman Florida Blue comes in handy.

Chrissy
November 28th, 2017, 02:10 AM
A Lamy Nexx with it's rubber grip doesn't fit in, but a Safari and an Al-Star do. I've never seen a Visconti HS Maxi, but if it's anywhere near a Montblanc 149 it won't fit into the neck and allow you to draw ink into a piston.

I tend to fill my converters with syringes when I know the pen won't go down into the bottle, but with piston fillers I remove some ink from the bottle and add it to a sample vial. If your Visconti fits into a sample vial, then you would be able to fill it from there, and you don't risk contaminating all of your ink in the bottle :)

grainweevil
November 28th, 2017, 03:48 AM
How small is the Diamine 30ml bottle opening...

12.5mm or 1/2"

Woody
November 28th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Quite small. Barely fits and Edison Collier.

MarkInLondon
December 7th, 2017, 07:16 AM
It seems as though I should cross all those little bottles off my Dear Santa list; they sound useless and fraught with peril. :)

Scooby921
December 7th, 2017, 09:17 AM
I found out earlier in the week that an HS Maxi also doesn't fit inside J.Herbin 1670 Anniversary Ink bottles, nor does it really fit inside the standard sample vials. Just too big for the J.Herbin bottle, and the first band on the barrel prevents it from going any further into a sample vial. I transferred ink from bottle to vial and was met by a similar deficiency :(

urushi4u
December 7th, 2017, 01:00 PM
It's too small for most pens, especially once under half full. Lamy 2000 is about the widest pen that will get in there. I empty the bottle into a urine sample vial provided courtesy of our health service here in the UK:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTUwNFgxNjAw/z/2-kAAOSw-W5UyfDG/$_35.JPG