PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Fountain Pen Hospital, NYC

raffaela
May 1st, 2013, 06:30 PM
Brick and mortar stores are so rare nowadays, that I would like to tell my experience with this one.
I had gone on a Saturday when they were hosting a Pen Expo. Stopped by the Visconti vendor to try the Homo Sapian Bronze and inquired on the price. Had made a committment that this was a look only, no buy. Gone home, searched, read reviews and found that the price was great. Since the expo ended, I emailed the FPH and inquired on their price for the same pen. I mentioned that I was at the expo and quoted the price. They matched it!!! Now a proud owner. :)

writingrav
May 1st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Can't say enough good things about some of our brick and mortar stores. We have none in downtown Philadelphia, but I went up to NY and visited both Art Brown's and The Fountain Pen Hospital a few weeks ago. Bought a bottle of ink in each store and a Shaeffer Prelude at FPH (a pen I've been hoping to review if I weren't so busy) and the service at both stores was exemplary. Friendly, helpful, engaged. Its a treasure we shouldn't take for granted.

I like mango pudding
May 1st, 2013, 07:19 PM
we have one pen boutique that I know of and most likely another one that I will visit next week. The one I regularly go to even had a write up in one of our local paper. Been going to them for the past 20 years even before I was interested in fountain pens.

I'd love to go to a pen expo though. Never been to one.

sargetalon
May 1st, 2013, 08:05 PM
Can't say enough good things about some of our brick and mortar stores. We have none in downtown Philadelphia, but I went up to NY and visited both Art Brown's and The Fountain Pen Hospital a few weeks ago. Bought a bottle of ink in each store and a Shaeffer Prelude at FPH (a pen I've been hoping to review if I weren't so busy) and the service at both stores was exemplary. Friendly, helpful, engaged. Its a treasure we shouldn't take for granted.

Sad but true about the lack of pen shops in Philadelphia (not counting Holt's Cigar shop which I often don't on account of their retail pricing). I too recently visited Art Brown's and The Fountain Pen Hospital and had similar good experiences at booth. So great to be able to try before you buy and speak with a knowledgeable sales person.

Tracy Lee
May 2nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
Brick and mortar stores are so rare nowadays, that I would like to tell my experience with this one.
I had gone on a Saturday when they were hosting a Pen Expo. Stopped by the Visconti vendor to try the Homo Sapian Bronze and inquired on the price. Had made a committment that this was a look only, no buy. Gone home, searched, read reviews and found that the price was great. Since the expo ended, I emailed the FPH and inquired on their price for the same pen. I mentioned that I was at the expo and quoted the price. They matched it!!! Now a proud owner. :)

I have purchased a lot of my Visconti pens from them over the years, they run some good sales. I even had a LE stolen from my front door just hours after the box was delivered, and when I called to see if they had another I could get at the same price, they told me it had already been shipped. They were in no way responsible for the theft, but they wouldn't charge me for the replacement. I swear by them, am a very faithful customer. I look forward to seeing their brick and mortar someday. :):thumbup: