PDA

View Full Version : Lost my google authenticator recovery code and cannot log in

lowks2
December 5th, 2017, 01:25 AM
I moved my phone from 6s to 7 plus and was dismayed to find that during recovery google authenticator wiped out all of my identity on my phone. Now I cannot log into my fpgeeks original account -> lowks. Has anyone faced the same issue and how did you rectify it ?

Chrissy
December 5th, 2017, 01:47 AM
I haven't faced the same issue, but I suspect many people have changed phones and may have experienced something similar. Perhaps Google are the people to ask?

I don't know if Eric might be able to get you back into your FPG account or not, but you could ask him.

If there is a set method of adding Google authentication, isn't there also a way of removing it?

Can you try logging in from another source to remove the authentication on your FPG account?

lowks2
December 5th, 2017, 09:30 AM
I have found some other user who have had the same situation and could only use tapatalk to post, but that seems to be it.

Chrissy
December 5th, 2017, 10:02 AM
I have found some other user who have had the same situation and could only use tapatalk to post, but that seems to be it.
If you can use Tapatalk can you not go into your Settings and remove Google authentication?

lowks2
December 5th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Does not seem to have that option

Chrissy
December 5th, 2017, 10:21 AM
I would ask Eric then.

When I click on Settings I see Two-Factor Authentication in the left hand side panel. It surely must be able to switch on and off

lowks2
December 5th, 2017, 08:38 PM
I would ask Eric then.

When I click on Settings I see Two-Factor Authentication in the left hand side panel. It surely must be able to switch on and off

Do you mean on Tapatalk or on the site ?

Chrissy
December 6th, 2017, 01:20 AM
I'm on the site using my MacBook and iMac.

Have you tried Googling the question to see if anyone has come up with a solution?