PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: VENUS rose striated fountain pen with Venus 14k flex nib

FredRydr
December 12th, 2017, 12:45 PM
SOLD: Venus rose-striated fountain pen with correct Venus 14k flex nib. Here is a lovely pen made in USA by, appropriately enough, The American Fountain Pen Company. It sports the correct 14-karat flexible nib embossed "VENUS." I haven't filled it since Rick Krantz installed a new sac.

If you don't want to spend many hundreds of dollars for a Sheaffer striated rose pen, this pen is the perfect choice.

Our very own jar reminds me that this model is called the Venus President. It was made in Hoboken; what a great town to be embossed on the barrel of a pen!

$85 including shipping anywhere served by the USPS. More elsewhere. First PM that reads "I'll take the Venus" holds it pending prompt PayPal payment. Questions welcome but do not hold the pen. I'm not looking for trades at the moment.

RocketRyan
December 20th, 2017, 04:18 AM
Very pretty pen. Are they well made?

FredRydr
December 20th, 2017, 06:45 AM
Sure, but its accoutrement is not as robust as a 1st-tier Sheaffer. The clip and lever are thinner stamped steel, but the celluloid is as good. It was designed to undercut and take sales from Sheaffer.