PDA

View Full Version : Mother of All Christmas Sales! Conklin, Edison, Parker, Waterman, Pilot, & more!!

EMQG
December 15th, 2017, 06:23 AM
Pics (https://imgur.com/a/JzXBS)- I'll take more on request. Just PM me for more pics of any of these pens, or for more details.

Verification (https://imgur.com/a/CvNXj)

Selling off all the pens I don't use very often/at all, or have no need for. I'm happy to take offers for cash or trades.

So first up, we've got one of the coolest pens here: A vintage Conklin Crescent Filler 2P in BCHR. This pen is from the '20s or earlier. No brassing on the gold filled cap band or the crescent. Its cap is clipless, its chasing is clean and crisp, as is its imprint, which marks it as a "Non-Leakable" model. Interesting verbage, considering Moore was using the exact same term as a model name.

Anyway, that's not important. What's important here is the nib, which is fully deserving of the bold italics I put it in. It's a superflex 14k nib, made in Toledo (where all of Conklin's good flex was made, before they moved to Chicago). Top quality stuff. It's a Western EF unflexed, and it's easy enough to not flex it. Wouldn't be my choice for writing a timed final essay, but for journaling or whatever else, it's perfectly usable as a writer.

I haven't measured how far it can go, and I won't. Don't (http://vintagepensblog.blogspot.com/2015/03/seeking-and-using-flexible-nibs.html)flex your nibs as far as they can go (http://richardspens.com/?page=ref/ttp/disaster.htm). It's softer and more flexible than a Waterman I owned that the seller said could do 2.16 mm from a needlepoint, if you want the reference point.

I restored this pen less than an hour ago. The sac has never been filled with anything but water. Size 15 latex sac, for anyone wondering.

I want $140 for this pen. Open to offers, of course. B+ condition.

Next up, got a couple Lamys. The Lamy AL Joy has a 1.1 mm nib, which writes very nicely. The Safari has a F, which has a sweet spot that I'd be happy to smooth out for you on request. I can also swap these nibs if you want. I have a 1.5 mm nib available too.

$28 for the Joy, $22 for the Safari. Both in B condition.

This Edison Nouveau Premier is (in my opinion) the second coolest pen here, behind the Conklin with its awesome flex nib. This was the 2016 limited edition from Goulet, and it was the first fountain pen that I ever bought, alongside a bottle of Noodler's Liberty's Elysium and Noodler's Air Corp Blue Black. It's a cool pen, with some really intricate acrylic.

I hate to sell it, but I could use the cash and I never use this pen. Ever since I got more than two pens, this thing's sat on a shelf. It just isn't comfortable for me.

It's in great condition. The cap got scratched once, so I sent it back to Edison, where they buffed it out for free (lifetime warranty!). It's never been eyedroppered, and there's no staining. It comes with either a EF (original) or M Edison nib unit, and I'll toss in the spare for $10, or for free if you buy another pen!

I'm not sure how to grade this due to the scratches that were buffed out, especially since the manufacturer was the one who buffed them out. I'll say this is either a B or a D, depending on how you look at it. It's as good as a B, but the mods might insist on a D rating given that it underwent scratch repair.

I want $140 for this pen. Make me an offer.

This Esterbrook M2 is pretty neat. First metal-capped Estie I ever owned. It has an aerometric filler that works well.

It's not in perfect shape, but I'll give it a B- or C+, depending on how generous/picky you are.

With a standard 1xxx or 2xxx nib on it, I want $40 for the pen. If you want a different nib unit swapped in (If you ask nicely, I could see about a gold nib on any of these Esterbrooks), let me know and I'll quote you a price.

The green Esterbrook J Transitional was my first ever resac, and it still works fine. No problems with it at all, I just don't love the pen. It's got some bite marks on the end of the barrel, and the clip wobbles a bit (about 1 mm side to side). The cap sometimes comes unscrewed from the barrel when you're carrying it, so don't carry it in your t-shirt's collar.

C condition, I want $40 for the pen. $30 if you want a standard nib, but it currently has a 2788 flexible medium nib on it, which raises the price.

The black Esterbrook J is another cool one. It's got an original Esterbrook sac in it! I bought this off r/pen_swap a long time ago, but I just don't love the J size. I prefer SJ (I've got tiny hands). I forget what I paid for it, but it's in the same condition I bought it in, but with a better nib on it now. It's currently got a 9556 firm fine.

B condition. $45 because of the original sac, which may never die. Esterbrook sacs are indestructible.

The Hero 1000 is a good pen, just not an absolute favorite of mine. It's a Chinese hooded nib pen with a 10k nib. The cap snaps on and posts securely. The barrel is lacquered brass, the hood is plastic. Very comfortable in the hand. It's got a western EF nib that I tuned myself and writes very well. The pen fills via an aerometric filler.

Great shape and a very good pen, especially for the price. This would be an amazing gift for a student who wants to use a fountain pen under the radar at school or something. The 10k nib even makes it safe for iron gall inks! B+ condition. You can buy 'em new from China for $35, so I'm asking $30.

The 1965 Pilot Capless is pretty cool. It's got an awesome 14k F nib that's perfectly smooth and very feedbacky. The clip on this pen is the real standout - it's nowhere near where you grip the pen, so it doesn't get in the way of your fingers like a modern VP.

It's got a champagne colored barrel and gold plated clip, with a black plastic section. There's a single centimeter long scratch right next to the end of the clip, and a couple smaller, shallower scratches.

It comes with a box of old Pilot Blue cartridges. There's 14 full ones (they need to be rehydrated, so just squirt some water into 'em before you use them) and 1 empty that I've written dry. I haven't tried any modern Pilot cartridges in it, but I'm 90% certain they don't fit. It should take a CON-W though, which you can find at Pen Chalet, I think.

I'm getting rid of this because I really don't have any use for the convenience of a click pen. I can't imagine a better click pen, but I still don't need it.

$200 OBO, B condition.

Next up is the Namiki Capless. This is the famous "faceted" model! These were made in the '90s and are very popular today, and are widely seen as the "best" Capless/VP model ever made. I personally prefer the other Capless I'm selling, but I'm in the minority.

It's got a faceted barrel with 18(?) sides, and the facets line up perfectly. The nib is a 14k F, which reverse writes a Japanese EF line very smoothly. It came to me misaligned and with very sharp edges. I realigned the tines and smoothed the edges so it's now perfectly smooth.

The body of the pen is a beautiful dark green with silver trim, which consists of the clip/front section, mid-barrel trim rings, and the push button. The clip does a lovely job of staying out of your fingers' way, but not quite as well as the other one does (in my opinion - most people disagree). The pen comes with what I believe is a CON-20 converter.

Only damage is a few little dings on the end of the barrel. I literally didn't notice them the entire time I'd owned the dang thing, they're that tiny. I inspected it closer for the sale, and saw these (https://i.imgur.com/wRnUEPw.jpg)things. Lowered the cost by $30 (was $220 before) when I found 'em.

$190

Waterman Phileas in Black: M nib which writes really glassy, typical of modern Watermans. Posting marks on the back of the barrel and other places. Very nice writer, especially if you like girthy pens The Phileas was regarded as one of the best budget pens on the market when it was being produced. I agree - it's a dang nice pen. This one's very user grade, priced accordingly. C+ condition. $35 OBO

This Parker Vacumatic Major is really great. His name is Gimli. I love the pen, but hate the nib. It's a soft medium nib that writes very wet. If you happen to have another Vacumatic with a firmer nib, I'd be all over a trade.

The pen's in good condition. Restored, I tightened the clip up, minimal brassing (hardly any at all), no bite marks or anything. B+ condition. I want $100, or a replacement Vac (please?)

The Sheaffer Student cartridge pen is in very good condition. Nothing fancy here. It's just what it looks like: a cheap, bulletproof pen that's cheap enough to give your kid with no worries, or to take to school/the office and not worry about it being stolen. It's got a very firm Japanese EF/Western needlepoint semi-hooded nib. You can eyedropper it, or I'll include a Sheaffer cartridge if you want to refill it.

$5 with any other order, or $8 alone. A2 condition - it was new when I got it, and has only gone through one fill.

This Sheaffer desk set is pretty cool. It's a Touchdown filler, but unlike most pens, you don't have to dip the section into the ink to get a full fill! Just dip the nib and it'll fill perfectly, because of an innovative feed design by Sheaffer (think of a Snorkel that doesn't extend). Cool pen with a nice soft FM 14k nib. Not for me, but it's a good pen. Recently restored. The desk base has a little bit of gunk on it, but it'd be easy to get rid of. I just didn't like the pen enough to bother.

$35. The nib is worth $20 on its own, then the pen and base get thrown in for only $15 more. It's in B condition. Still stickered, by the way.

This Wearever combo was restored by me. Writes really nicely. It once had a flexible Wearever steel nib on it, but due to some rust in the tines (I assume), it snapped on me. Now it's got a Wearever stub. Good writer, very practical, and very LARGE. This is a big pen that makes a statement.

$12, C+ condition. The pencil works but is out of lead (I ran it dry). I think it takes 1.1 mm lead. JetPens probably sells the right stuff.

The Jinhao 992 is a cool pen. You all know what it is. It's in A2 condition (one fill's gone through it). Never eyedroppered. Nib writes well. I'll grind this to a stub or italic for you if you ask. $3 with another order, or $5 on its own.

The Jinhao Shark 993 pen is actually a really nice writer. This thing's currently clogged because I let it sit for a couple months without cleaning it. Good smooth nib that puts down a consistent EF line. $2 with another order, $5 on its own.

The Jinhao X750 is unused except the dip sample, I think. A1 or A2 condition. Really pretty pink lacquer on brass. M nib that'll write nice and wet, fairly soft too. These are fun pens. $4 with another order, $7 on its own.

This next one is a knockoff of the Montblanc Greta Garbo. Decent pen, actually. The M nib writes really smooth and fairly wet. I just don't like the metal section. I paid $10, I'm asking $5 with another order or $8 alone.

I've got a black TWSBI Eco 1.1 mm stub that I converted to an eyedropper because the previous owner broke the piston rod. To fill it, you put on the cap, unscrew the blind cap, squirt it full of ink, and screw the blind cap back on. A couple drops may leak into the cap while you do this, but it's an easy cleanup.

D condition I guess. $18

These Dollar 717i pens are seriously great, guys. More of you should buy them from me.

Please. I'm sick of having a box of them. Piston fillers, demonstrators, good nibs that usually come well tuned from the factory (they seriously have great QC for the nibs, better than Visconti does for sure). Most are new, but if you want a used one, take a dollar off the price. I've got some used ones that I've fooled around with. A1 condition for the new ones, various for the used. Most will be A2.

They're clear, and come in black, blue, or red trim. Take your pick.

$5 alone, $3.50 each with another pen (including another Dollar).

The writing sample was of a formal italic I put on one - but they write a line kinda like the 992 does ordinarily.

I'll put a stub or italic on any of the cheaper pens for you, just ask!

Like I said, I'm open to offers. My prices aren't set in stone, and I linked my trade wishlist at the top.

I also offer repair services for vintage pens, as well as basic nib work. PM me with questions.

mgmmaze
December 15th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Omg that vacumatic

DavidtheGnome
January 1st, 2018, 09:10 PM
Pm sent

Stewmander
January 10th, 2018, 11:45 PM
PM sent

rawpen
January 11th, 2018, 01:19 AM
PMed