PDA

View Full Version : Would like to learn more about Visconti and Omas

Analogriter
December 16th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Hi, everybody. I just started using fountain pens in August 2017 and would like to learn more about Visconti and Omas pens. I watched all the videos amount the recent models for Visconti and as much as i could find on Omas. When I first started I was only into functionality because I wanted to practice penmanship at the same time as learning about fountain pens so I gravitated towards the Japanese and German pens, but the beauty and uniqueness of the Italian pens was simply unresistible or irresistible. I recently went on a crazy buying spell and got some pens that I definitely should not have gotten. Maybe later on down the road but most definitely not at this rate. I'm just curious if anyone or if it is indeed everyone in our little community that has gone down this path. Can anyone volunteer any information about a Omas Arte Italiana Milord Society Limited Edition? I saw some videos on the Milord but the videos seem to show a much larger pen.

Marsilius
December 16th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Welcome to the forum! I am not an expert on either. As you may know, Omas has gone out of business, but the folks there seem to be starting up something ew. Others will know more, but welcome!

Stickler
December 16th, 2017, 01:31 PM
I know the feeling you are sharing. Same thing. Even down to the German pens and then the Italians. The italians are beautiful. I have three: the Divina, the Homo Sapien and the Homo Sapien rollerball. (and a Vintage Glass nib Visconti). I have too many pens now and streamlining my collection.

FredRydr
December 17th, 2017, 07:57 AM
...Can anyone volunteer any information about a Omas Arte Italiana Milord Society Limited Edition?....
https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/22520-Faceted-sterling-Omas-model-name?p=226070