PDA

View Full Version : From SnowsVille

audadvnc
May 2nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
Hello, new friends & geeks. Yes we got snow here yesterday, can you even believe it?

Instant back story: I'm Robert and I've got some pens too. I'm acquainted with a few of the "vanished board" crew (what's up with that?). Here looks as good a place as any to stir up shenanigans that they have no time for these days...:jester:

I've got my trusty red Estie J inked with Waterman's Brown and am once again attempting the Great American Novel - longhand. Who needs those word processors anyhow?

thagbert
May 2nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the fold!

Yeah, it was 85 degrees (F) here in Central Texas yesterday!

That's 29 C for the rest of you! (I hate the imperial system)

Greg Minuskin
May 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Welcome! You will find the folks here at the FP Geeks really fun, and friendly! If there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

Sailor Kenshin
May 2nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hello, new friends & geeks. Yes we got snow here yesterday, can you even believe it?

Instant back story: I'm Robert and I've got some pens too. I'm acquainted with a few of the "vanished board" crew (what's up with that?). Here looks as good a place as any to stir up shenanigans that they have no time for these days...:jester:

I've got my trusty red Estie J inked with Waterman's Brown and am once again attempting the Great American Novel - longhand. Who needs those word processors anyhow?

Longhand FTW! ^^

Ohai!

KrazyIvan
May 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Hi Robert. :welcome: to the Dark Side.

writingrav
May 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

caribbean_skye
May 2nd, 2013, 10:54 AM
Welcome welcome.

Happy writing and good luck with novel. Do you mind my asking how much/long can you write before your hands/arm gets tired?

fountainpenkid
May 2nd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Welcome!

Bogon07
May 2nd, 2013, 06:24 PM
Hi Audadvnc and welcome to the FPG forum and sanitarium.

Welcome to the fold!

Thanks for the conversion. I only took a decade or two to get used to the change from F to C down here.
Did you mean metric system ?

thagbert
May 2nd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Hi Audadvnc and welcome to the FPG forum and sanitarium.

Welcome to the fold!

Thanks for the conversion. I only took a decade or two to get used to the change from F to C down here.
Did you mean metric system ?

Nope, no mistake. The imperial system is entirely arbitrary. Several years ago, a Mars probe augured in because someone at NASA blew a conversion. A $94,000,000 error!
The United States and Liberia are the only countries still using the Imperial system.

ethernautrix
May 2nd, 2013, 07:24 PM
BOB!

Brrr... cold in Minneapolis. I'm afraid that mentioning I'm about to ride my bike home and it's 81°F is going to sound like gloating, but I assure it, this heat is MISERABLE. Just AWFUL. Good thing I'll be on my bike, getting the wind on my face.

Yay!

Nice to see you here!

jor412
May 4th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Hello :)

earthdawn
May 4th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Welcome !

Nice to have you with us.

Jump in and get comfy... we are friendly here :)

cedargirl
May 4th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Hi there.

cwent2
May 5th, 2013, 06:21 PM
:welcome: I personally do not like such four letter words used around this time of year -- Oh, I should mention I am a biker (Harley Davidson) as well as a fpg - hence SN*W is a big four letter word. But I ramble :welcome:

Greg Minuskin
May 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Welcome! This is a great site to share your passion of fountain pens!

I only post here, and on the FP Board, for these are truly the only two sites that give you the freedom and respect, plus fun, when it comes to pens!

If there is anything I can do to assist you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com