PDA

View Full Version : Lamy Limited Edition 2018 Colour

AudreyP
December 18th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Did you see this? I'm really excited about this colour and looking forward to adding it to my collection. I hope it's for real. I tried looking for another source to confirm the information but couldn't find one.

https://fontoplumo.nl/2017/12/18/lamy-al-star-color-of-2018-is-vibrant-pink/

migo984
December 18th, 2017, 09:54 PM
This seems to confirm it

http://www.lamystore.se/

Not a fan of Lamy and these colours don’t do much for me. But I’m sure there will be many people excited by them.

As an aside I don’t understand why the nib on the ‘All Black’ Safari (boring?) looks to be silver? They could easily have supplied it with one of their black nibs. Or is it indeed black but showing reflected light in the photo?

And looking at these colours I’m wondering about the possible matching inks......

grainweevil
December 19th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Oh crikey, my eyes! Not my colour at all.:cool:

Can't really see what the "All Black" Safari is bringing to the party that the Umbra doesn't already, except, presumably, a subtle difference in colour. (I think you're right, and it's a reflection on the nib, migo) Of those, only the white Joy is even slightly tempting me. And then remind myself how twitchy I get about white sections and ink and the moment passes.

Presumably Lamy will be focusing the LE ink towards the Al-Star this time, and perhaps, if they have the chutzpah, a simple rebadge of the regular black for the Safari? Much as they did with Turquoise/Pacific Blue. Again, not my colour in that case, but if they get it sheening they might stir some Lilac-esque interest, I suppose.

Colour me underwhelmed. :tsk:

inklord
December 19th, 2017, 04:23 PM
The 2018 Safari is going to be all black, nib included. It's quite a step darker compared to the greyish "charcoal" or "umbra", and many Safari fans have been pining for a true matte black Safari. Whether that's all a bit unsophisticated is beyond the point: it'll sell, and bring in money, and that's that; and since my last charcoal Safari broke recently, I might as well get that one and contribute to the hype, the boredom, and anything in between. The pink Al-Star really doesn't match the color of my underwear, so I'll skip that one...

ruurd
January 16th, 2018, 03:03 PM
OK totally black right so I have to buy two of them and a white one. Turn a white and a black one into stormtrooper pens and keep one for archiving :-)

VertOlive
January 18th, 2018, 09:14 PM
But... I have a matte black Safari with black italic nib. How is this new?

Lady Onogaro
January 19th, 2018, 08:00 PM

I'm trying to figure that out, too. They made a Safari that was the shiny black and one that was the matte black, so I don't get it. But inklord says that the charcoal is different from matte black. In any case, I have no yearning for it. Now, if they come up with an Olive green one or a terracotta-ish revival, or even another shade of purple, I might be in.

Silverbreeze
January 19th, 2018, 09:15 PM

I'm trying to figure that out, too. They made a Safari that was the shiny black and one that was the matte black, so I don't get it. But inklord says that the charcoal is different from matte black. In any case, I have no yearning for it. Now, if they come up with an Olive green one or a terracotta-ish revival, or even another shade of purple, I might be in.

Glad I am not the only confused one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grainweevil
January 20th, 2018, 01:54 AM
Heated discussion ensued when someone pointed this out on FPN and the eyesight of naysayers was called into question. I think it's safest to say that matte black is not exactly a gaping hole in the Safari spectrum, but it is a... narrow crevice. As apparently a fair few wanted it filled, happy days.

sharmon202
January 20th, 2018, 09:29 AM
What I saw was Pink..... Another profit making game by Lamy, who no longer gets my money. Now introduce a nice ink in very small quantities.

Lady Onogaro
January 21st, 2018, 10:39 AM
What I saw was Pink..... Another profit making game by Lamy, who no longer gets my money. Now introduce a nice ink in very small quantities.

This year's Lamy AL-Star is going to be pink. The Safari is slated to be black.

jodylud
February 4th, 2018, 06:55 AM
This new matte black may be a more saturated and deeper black than the previous 'charcoal/umbra' blacks. I'd really like to see a Vantablack version, a substance that absorbs it's surrounding light rather than reflects it. Giving a two dementional flat appearance... it could happen. ;)

VertOlive
February 16th, 2018, 08:39 PM

Just got the Pink Al-Star and the accompanying Pink ink in the mail this week...

Lady Onogaro
February 16th, 2018, 08:57 PM

Just got the Pink Al-Star and the accompanying Pink ink in the mail this week...

Mine is on the way. Got your letter today, by the way. :)

SIR
February 17th, 2018, 04:19 AM
Quick sample of the Vibrant Pink ink (repost from elsewhere on the forum).

fountainpagan
February 17th, 2018, 05:09 AM
Thank you for the information.

Really not my colour.