PDA

View Full Version : Manu Propria Pens - "Torukoseki-Nuri"

Manupropria
December 19th, 2017, 04:11 AM
Just finished another "kawari-nuri" experimental Urushi lacquer on a ebonite pen. Blue Turquoise crumbles embedded in urushi mixed with very fine brass powder. After "uwazuri" impreigning several times with transparent urushi the "torukoseki" turquoise blue color changed to a rather geenish blue. Since turquoise is a pretty hard stone the grindingand polishing was very time consuming

Best,

Martin

RocketRyan
December 19th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Fascinating finish. Is it for sale?

fountainpagan
December 19th, 2017, 11:57 AM
This one is the most beautiful one you have ever made, Martin. In my opinion, of course!
Love it, love it, love it.
Thank you for sharing.

Robert
December 19th, 2017, 04:37 PM
As far as Martin's "most beautiful ever" is concerned, I often find it to be the one I happen to be admiring at the moment. Such is his art!

penwash
December 19th, 2017, 05:09 PM
What a fascinating finish.

I am constantly amazed at the level of freedom that you have achieved in "compelling" these materials with diverse characteristics to work together, to be preserved into beautiful works of art.

Manupropria
December 20th, 2017, 03:36 AM
Thank you very much. To many kind words. Unfortunately Japanese lacquerer don't dare to think out of the box. Urshi offers an incredibly wide range of possibilities. All my pens are for sale of coarse. https://www.manupropria-pens.ch/welcome/Collection/_Miyabi_Shibui__Fountain_Pen_Collection/_Miyabi_Shibui__Fountain_Pen_Collection/Torukoseki-Nuri.html

amk
December 20th, 2017, 05:25 AM
I think I may be in love :-)

fountainpagan
December 20th, 2017, 10:44 AM
As far as Martin's "most beautiful ever" is concerned, I often find it to be the one I happen to be admiring at the moment. Such is his art!

That is exactly my feelings, until this one. It struck me as no other before!:)