PDA

View Full Version : A Confederate Banquet and Ball

Paddler
December 21st, 2017, 12:54 PM
From the Gig Journal, November 2002:

Hey! We played music for the Confederates last night. The 27th Virginia hosted its annual military ball at the Holiday Inn in Wierton, West Virginia (oops, I mean, NORTHERN VIRGINIA). We played "Dixie" as Robert E. Lee made his grand entrance.

Then the troops posted the colors. The color guard carried muskets with fixed bayonets. The guy in the center had a flag tied to a long staff with a spear point on the end of it. Everyone was waiting for him to gig the mirrored ball suspended from the center of the ceiling. No joy; he missed it (it must have been a hell of a temptation). They posted three flags last night and the mirrored ball somehow pulled through unscathed.

Dinner was a catered affair. The food was lavish. There was salad with bleu cheese dressing, broccoli cheese soup, steamed vegetation, potato chunks baked in grease, baked pork slabs, fish topped with crabmeat, cheesecake. It was hard to get those folks out on the dance floor after a feed like that.

Once, during a lull in the dancing, some twits got out a video camera. They pointed it at a woman who was wearing a gown which measured about five feet in diameter. She approached the camera, all graceful and demure, eye lashes a-flutter, and proceeded to cut a real low curtsy. Well, she swooped down and lost her balance. She did about three hops to the left and then stepped on one of her petticoats. Down she went, ass over tincups, and lay there in a pile of lacy stuff, like an overturned junebug, flashing her frillies at the camera, the mirrored ball, and the guests. The things you see when you haven't got your gun, huh? A woman in that situation cannot right herself; she needs about four of her friends to pick her up and stand her on her feet again. It reminds me of the stories you read about knights in heavy armor; they had to be lowered onto their horses by means of a derrick. War was hell in them days.

MCR>
Abstractor of the Quintessence
Order of the Digital Grail

SIR
December 22nd, 2017, 01:50 AM
That video will be on YouTube soon?

Paddler
December 22nd, 2017, 07:49 AM
That video will be on YouTube soon?

Sorry; it wasn't my camera and I don't think she signed a model release.