PDA

View Full Version : FS: The Six Most Stunning Pens ever made by Edison - Look out!

eriquito
May 2nd, 2013, 02:44 PM
In my continuing effort to reduce the size of my collection to only twelve pens, these gorgeous Edisons are looking for new homes:

http://fpgeeks.com/ec/forsale/Edison-Tray-Capped-1200.jpg

http://fpgeeks.com/ec/forsale/Edison-Tray-Posted-1200.jpg

All pens are from my personal collection. They all write well but have fallen out of rotation. It's time for them to find some lovin'.

All prices include insured USPS Priority Mail shipping to the United States. If you're somewhere else and absolutely have to have one of these pens, we can talk, but international USPS shipping rates skyrocketed in January and are, well, embarrassing.

Payment via PayPal either as a no-fee gift or with an additional 3% to cover PayPal fees.

Please contact me via email: eric at fpgeeks.com

Full Size Image - Capped (http://fpgeeks.com/ec/forsale/Edison-Tray-Capped.jpg)
Full Size Image - Uncapped (http://fpgeeks.com/ec/forsale/Edison-Tray-Posted.jpg)

1. Edison Custom Pearl
Antique Marble Acrylic - The original, better looking and no longer available Antique Acrylic.
18k Broad Nib
Cartridge/Converter (or eyedropper).
Custom design based loosely on the Edison Pearl and a well known portable cigar.
Cap cannot be posted.
Length Capped: A hair shy of 6.25 inches
Length Uncapped: A hair over 5.25 inches
Diameter: 0.6 inches
$250

2. 1. Edison Custom Pearl
Red/Black Ebonite
18k Two-Tone Fine Nib
Custom design based loosely on the Edison Pearl and a well known portable cigar.
Cap cannot be posted.
$250

3. ::SOLD:: Edison Custom Pearl
Navy Stripe Acrylic
18k Rhodium Plated Fine Nib
Cap cannot be posted.
$250 ::SOLD::

4. Edison Pearlette
Persimmon Swirl Acrylic
Two Tone Medium Steel (non-Edison engraved) Nib
Cartridge/Converter
$155

5. Edison Pearl
Blue/Gold Checkered Acrylic
Extra Fine Steel Nib
Cartridge/Converter
$155

6. Edison Beaumont
Persimmon Swirl Acrylic
Fine Steel Nib
$155

dannzeman
May 2nd, 2013, 03:03 PM
It should be noted that for pen #3, the cap threads were cut in such a way as make the "grain" line up at the seam between cap and barrel.

reprieve
May 2nd, 2013, 03:26 PM
Why must you torture me so? :noidea:

KrazyIvan
May 2nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
G'ah! :crazy_pilot: :cry: :jester::shocked:

writingrav
May 2nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
In my continuing effort to reduce the size of my collection to only twelve pens, these gorgeous Edisons are looking for new homes:

http://fpgeeks.com/ec/forsale/Edison-Tray-Capped-1200.jpg

http://fpgeeks.com/ec/forsale/Edison-Tray-Posted-1200.jpg

All pens are from my personal collection. They all write well but have fallen out of rotation. It's time for them to find some lovin'.

All prices include insured USPS Priority Mail shipping to the United States. If you're somewhere else and absolutely have to have one of these pens, we can talk, but international USPS shipping rates skyrocketed in January and are, well, embarrassing.

Payment via PayPal either as a no-fee gift or with an additional 3% to cover PayPal fees.

Please contact me via email: eric at fpgeeks.com

Full Size Image - Capped (http://fpgeeks.com/ec/forsale/Edison-Tray-Capped.jpg)
Full Size Image - Uncapped (http://fpgeeks.com/ec/forsale/Edison-Tray-Posted.jpg)

1. Edison Custom Pearl
Antique Marble Acrylic - The original, better looking and no longer available Antique Acrylic.
18k Broad Nib
Cap cannot be posted.
$250

2. 1. Edison Custom Pearl
Red/Black Ebonite
18k Two-Tone Fine Nib
Cap cannot be posted.
$250

3. Edison Custom Pearl
Navy Stripe Acrylic
18k Rhodium Plated Fine Nib
Cap cannot be posted.
$250

4. Edison Pearlette
Persimmon Swirl Acrylic
Two Tone Medium Steel (non-Edison engraved) Nib
Cartridge/Converter
$155

5. Edison Pearl
Blue/Gold Checkered Acrylic
Extra Fine Steel Nib
Cartridge/Converter
$155

6. Edison Beaumont
Persimmon Swirl Acrylic
Fine Steel Nib
$155

WHY??

Bogon07
May 2nd, 2013, 05:54 PM
Not the Persimmon Swirls !!!!
Eric are you ok ? Have you sort the services of a medical professional (mmm no stubs in the list maybe you're still clinging onto the madness).

The Red/Black Ebonite Custom Pearl looks edisontastic unfortunately I Viscontied my pen budget into complete oblivion last night. :cry::cry::cry:

Nonsensical
May 2nd, 2013, 10:43 PM
Just gorgeous....luckily, I'm in China right now, and can't even consider buying one, so that saves me from being tortured by the temptation. Not that it isn't tempting....

AlejoPlay
May 3rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
If only I had $250. I want #1 so bad.

kaisnowbird
May 3rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
First I saw you slash the prices on the 'original 18', then this!
So alluring, I can't look away. Seriously Eric, won't you miss them? They are so pretty. Save a few of them for yourself!

And do I need to point out that you are selling Signature Line pieces at Production Line prices, including shipping too? That's easily $75 off the prices you paid. :faint:

I've got no spare funds left for May... I'll buy one of the steel nibs in June if any remains, but for your sake, I hope they'll be gone by then.

caribbean_skye
May 3rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
12 pens? Why, Mr. Eric, that doesn't seem like you're indulging. What's up with that.

Good luck on the sales. Depending on how big your collection is, I guess we can expect to see a lot of sales.

stevekolt
May 6th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I'm not too familiar with Edison pens...still a relative newbie. Since cartridge/convertor is specified for the other 5 pens for sale, is the Beaumont, pen #6 a pneumatic filler? I'll take it if it is.

aschup
May 6th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Eric, my girlfriend informed me of your joint trickery regarding pen #3. Needless to say I am excited to finally get my hands on it when I'm back stateside. Happy birthday to me!

eriquito
May 6th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I'm not too familiar with Edison pens...still a relative newbie. Since cartridge/convertor is specified for the other 5 pens for sale, is the Beaumont, pen #6 a pneumatic filler? I'll take it if it is.

Hey Steve!

The Persimmon Swirl Beaumont is a cartridge/converter filler.

- Eric

eriquito
May 6th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Eric, my girlfriend informed me of your joint trickery regarding pen #3. Needless to say I am excited to finally get my hands on it when I'm back stateside. Happy birthday to me!

Hey aschup!

Yes, Trickery and Geekery go hand in hand =)

Happy Birthday to you!

- Eric

caribbean_skye
May 6th, 2013, 01:16 PM

Yay for thoughtful girlfriends who have a willing accomplice in the trickery. Double yay's for you and your new pen, congrats. Happy birthday to you!

stevekolt
May 6th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Eric,
Thanks for the response.

82-Greg
May 6th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Eric;

Your three larger pens (now down to two) don't have clips, which I prefer. (I forgive your minor mistake in judgment selecting clipless designs.)

However, I don't really buy the story about trying to get down to just 12 pens to ensure all will be in rotation. What are your raising cash for?

Greg

GourmetPens
May 6th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I'm starting to worry about you.

Seussbrother
May 7th, 2013, 02:15 PM
G.P., look what your wager did to Mr. Scarecrow? Don't you feel terrible?

Just kidding of course!:) You go girl, er Dorothy.

Seussbrother