PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Mod_wolves
May 2nd, 2013, 05:19 PM
Hello, I'm Tom from the UK. Found fountain pens around December (after seeing a kaweco sport al on a blog site) about a week later bought a lamy safari which I wasn't an immediate fan of (love it now I think it's a grower). Decided to buy myself a burgundy kaweco sport... and What a pen. Since this point to my partners despear my time is spent searching out new and vintage pens, the perfect paper and beautiful inks.

I can't wait to immerse myself into the community.

Bogon07
May 2nd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Hello Mod_wolves and welcome to the FPG forum. Becareful with the Lamys the can multiply if you aren't careful. Congrats on Kaweco.

Encourage you partner to watch the weekly FPGTV videocast with you. It may help or maybe not but atleast you'll both be entertained.

cedargirl
May 2nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
Hi there. You're on the slippery slope now! Welcome.

thagbert
May 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the fold! There's no turning back!

fountainpenkid
May 2nd, 2013, 06:51 PM
Welcome!

cwent2
May 3rd, 2013, 07:03 PM
:welcome:

jor412
May 3rd, 2013, 11:28 PM
Hello :)

caribbean_skye
May 6th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Welcome welcome.

southpaw52
May 6th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Greetings and welcome aboard.

KrazyIvan
May 6th, 2013, 04:06 PM
:welcome: to the forum.

Zanshin
May 7th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Hi Tom, welcome to FPG. I believe you bought a silver Esterbrook LJ from me on eBay recently. I hope you're enjoying it.
Phil

Mod_wolves
May 7th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Hi Tom, welcome to FPG. I believe you bought a silver Esterbrook LJ from me on eBay recently. I hope you're enjoying it.
Phil

Hi Phil. Yes I did! Absolutely love the pen. The nibs sweet spot is like writing on glass. One of my favourite pens.

Mod_wolves
May 8th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Hello Mod_wolves and welcome to the FPG forum. Becareful with the Lamys the can multiply if you aren't careful. Congrats on Kaweco.

Encourage you partner to watch the weekly FPGTV videocast with you. It may help or maybe not but atleast you'll both be entertained.

Haha I've tried to get her to watch FPGTV with me but so far in fighting a losing battle. I have noticed my Noodler's nib creeper is moving around the house tho, I think I might have to buy one and some purple ink for her. She will have to submit sooner or later.

Zanshin
May 8th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Phil

Hi Phil. Yes I did! Absolutely love the pen. The nibs sweet spot is like writing on glass. One of my favourite pens.

That's good to hear, I'm glad. It is a nice pen but I'm downsizing my collection and it deserves to be written with rather than sitting in a case waiting another six months until it comes into rotation again.