PDA

View Full Version : A Dilemma? What to do for the best?

Chrissy
January 7th, 2018, 06:25 AM
I have encountered a "troll" on a recent Ink Review thread that I posted in the Ink review forum. This person has been a member for a long time, although it's noticeable that they haven't posted many posts. So, yes they could still be a "sleeping troll." I was trying my best to be polite and answering in an entirely normal way. :(

Today, a relatively new member has posted a post that thanked me for my reviews. However, despite saying they weren't coming back to the thread, the "troll" has called that member a 'Creep' with a :puke: smiley. :blink:

As far as I'm concerned, this is absolutely unacceptable. It makes me want to leave this forum for good because I actually don't need to have to deal with 'trolls' like this. I'm happy to live my life without having to do so. On the other hand, I feel really sorry for this relatively new member, who did absolutely nothing wrong, yet found themselves called a 'creep' :puke:

What kind of an impression is this "troll" giving to relatively new members who come on here to make reasonable posts rather than to just sell stuff? No wonder this forum is what it has become.

I suppose I could just leave negative feedback on the Reputation Board, but to be honest, this doesn't affect 'trolls' in the slightest. Especially those who stay under their bridges for prolonged periods. :(

jar
January 7th, 2018, 07:14 AM
Do we need a Troll Hunter?

Remember most of us are adults and so recognize infants when they post. If the infant is somewhat polite we may even ask them to sit at the big people table. That others find your reviews helpful is indicative but self control and manners are sometimes late developing in kids.

Chrissy
January 7th, 2018, 07:26 AM

Remember most of us are adults and so recognize infants when they post. If the infant is somewhat polite we may even ask them to sit at the big people table. That others find your reviews helpful is indicative but self control and manners are sometimes late developing in kids.
Maybe we do? I never thought about it. :)

I know that we have to make allowances for these children. Knowing how to block them helps. :)

jar
January 7th, 2018, 07:28 AM

Maybe we do? I never thought about it. :)

I know that we have to make allowances for these children. Knowing how to block them helps. :)

Yup. That's why God made the kiddie table.

Deb
January 7th, 2018, 07:30 AM
He seems to have started out as a normal human being, then the consequences of the dominant troll gene began to show. Poor soul.

We do what we must always do: ignore the troll.

Chrissy
January 7th, 2018, 07:40 AM
He seems to have started out as a normal human being, then the consequences of the dominant troll gene began to show. Poor soul.

We do what we must always do: ignore the troll.

Yes, it might have started out as a normal human being, but turned into a troll. It had a good bridge to sleep under for a long time.

When I go and look at the troll's profile page, I see that it has specifically reserved all of it's posts for my Ink Review thread. So it would seem that it is now definitely announcing the fact that it is a troll, and that I was it's sole victim, until it also attacked the relatively new member who posted on my thread.

Now I'm 100% certain of the fact that it is a troll, I've reported it and can ensure I don't feed it. Not that many trolls have been members since 2010 and have an 8 reputation power.

At least now we know. :)

Deb
January 7th, 2018, 07:44 AM
You certainly don't deserve that for your excellent work. It's very angry-making.

Chrissy
January 7th, 2018, 07:50 AM
You certainly don't deserve that for your excellent work. It's very angry-making.

Thank you, but please be careful what you say there. Zippy the troll might target you too. :(

hansdown
January 7th, 2018, 07:59 AM
I would wager that there are quite a few members like myself who post rarely but read regularly. I always enjoy your ink reviews and make it a habit to check if you have a review of an ink before I try it. Keep up the good reviews and ignore trolls!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wile E Coyote
January 7th, 2018, 09:25 AM

Thank you, but please be careful what you say there. Zippy the troll might target you too. :(

Zippy can't be a troll...he's a speed slug!

FredRydr
January 7th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Follow these steps:

- Click on Settings
- Choose Edit Ignore List
- Add name

Jon Szanto
January 7th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Chrissy, you have to remember something, and Jar alluded to it: most everyone on the list is aware enough of human behavior to recognize that person (troll) and their comments for what they are - meaningless. I saw that thread as it was happening and it was clear this person was trying to poke you. As hard as it may be (on your part), just let them (the comments) stand and don't even respond. Either that or get into it hammer and tongs (which you won't, it's not like you) and show them their own medicine.

In a perfect world we'd have some light modding to take care of these occasional things. Please take a step back and look at the vast number of posts and large number of readers you have *without* any bother. This is an isolated incident and we all see it for what it is. Don't give that person any credibility or attention.

inklord
January 7th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Any troll attacking the valuable members of this forum are welcome in my yard: I'll happily let them stand there and perform the Rumpelstilzchen act until they crack and vanish...
Always appreciate your excellent contributions, gentle demeanor and kindness, Chrissy, so please don't be dismayed - trolls carry their own punishment with them!

countrydirt
January 7th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Perhaps the troll was participating in the "drink" review forum...:applause:

Chrissy
January 7th, 2018, 01:37 PM
I would wager that there are quite a few members like myself who post rarely but read regularly. I always enjoy your ink reviews and make it a habit to check if you have a review of an ink before I try it. Keep up the good reviews and ignore trolls!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. I will do that. :)

Chrissy
January 7th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Chrissy, you have to remember something, and Jar alluded to it: most everyone on the list is aware enough of human behavior to recognize that person (troll) and their comments for what they are - meaningless. I saw that thread as it was happening and it was clear this person was trying to poke you. As hard as it may be (on your part), just let them (the comments) stand and don't even respond. Either that or get into it hammer and tongs (which you won't, it's not like you) and show them their own medicine.

In a perfect world we'd have some light modding to take care of these occasional things. Please take a step back and look at the vast number of posts and large number of readers you have *without* any bother. This is an isolated incident and we all see it for what it is. Don't give that person any credibility or attention.

Thanks. :) I know you're right.

Chrissy
January 7th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Any troll attacking the valuable members of this forum are welcome in my yard: I'll happily let them stand there and perform the Rumpelstilzchen act until they crack and vanish...
Always appreciate your excellent contributions, gentle demeanor and kindness, Chrissy, so please don't be dismayed - trolls carry their own punishment with them!

Follow these steps:

- Click on Settings
- Choose Edit Ignore List
- Add name

Thanks. :) I've used the block button again.

penwash
January 7th, 2018, 02:25 PM
As far as I'm concerned, this is absolutely unacceptable. It makes me want to leave this forum for good because I actually don't need to have to deal with 'trolls' like this. I'm happy to live my life without having to do so. On the other hand, I feel really sorry for this relatively new member, who did absolutely nothing wrong, yet found themselves called a 'creep' :puke:

What kind of an impression is this "troll" giving to relatively new members who come on here to make reasonable posts rather than to just sell stuff? No wonder this forum is what it has become.

Chrissy, I don't think you need more affirmation on how appreciated your contributions here are. But for what it's worth, here's one from me. I am not an ink person. I am happy to just buy a new ink once in a while and my ink hue ranges are pretty dull and limited :)

But I absolutely love your reviews and I am amazed that your ink reviews are consistent and fair as your other posts are courteous.
Consistency attracts good people, unfortunately, it also attract petty, envious, immature (as Jar calls them) people with too much time on their hands and wrong perspectives.

They win (and will take down the forum with them) if people who contribute positively finally got fed up and tired and leave.

All I can do is to ask you to not be bothered by trollish actions and truck on.

I like the famous Edmund Burke quote: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing."
Additionally, evil will also triumph if good people gave up first.

Chrissy
January 7th, 2018, 03:10 PM

Chrissy, I don't think you need more affirmation on how appreciated your contributions here are. But for what it's worth, here's one from me. I am not an ink person. I am happy to just buy a new ink once in a while and my ink hue ranges are pretty dull and limited :)

But I absolutely love your reviews and I am amazed that your ink reviews are consistent and fair as your other posts are courteous.
Consistency attracts good people, unfortunately, it also attract petty, envious, immature (as Jar calls them) people with too much time on their hands and wrong perspectives.

They win (and will take down the forum with them) if people who contribute positively finally got fed up and tired and leave.

All I can do is to ask you to not be bothered by trollish actions and truck on.

I like the famous Edmund Burke quote: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing."
Additionally, evil will also triumph if good people gave up first.
Thank you. :) I love the Edmund Burke quote. :)

SIR
January 8th, 2018, 04:25 AM
Hi Chissy,

Firstly, I must reiterate others' praise for your contributions, you are a valued member and would certainly be missed; indeed, i'd go so far as to say the forum wouldn't be the same without you.

However... I am extremely troubled by the deletion of a post which posed the question of whether or not you might be professionally associated with the Diamine company.
To me, that is FPN behaviour and one of the main reasons I exclusively limit my interest to this site and not that one.

Chrissy
January 8th, 2018, 04:46 AM
Hi Chissy,

Firstly, I must reiterate others' praise for your contributions, you are a valued member and would certainly be missed; indeed, i'd go so far as to say the forum wouldn't be the same without you.

However... I am extremely troubled by the deletion of a post which posed the question of whether or not you might be professionally associated with the Diamine company.
To me, that is FPN behaviour and one of the main reasons I exclusively limit my interest to this site and not that one.
Thanks. :) The post was deleted because the "member" who posted it was merely another brand new registration, at that moment, from the same troll. Zippy & Bungle...as in Rainbow?
That is the kind of inflammatory question that trolls deliberately ask. I wouldn't let it trouble you because you know I'm not the owner of the Diamine Company. I wish......
It would appear that at least we can now guess that at least one of the trolls is British as that's a CBBC TV show.

Deb
January 8th, 2018, 05:49 AM
I always liked Rainbow. It'll never be the same for me again. Zippy and Bungle trolls? Who would have guessed?

jar
January 8th, 2018, 05:55 AM
It would appear that at least we can now guess that at least one of the trolls is British as that's a CBBC TV show.

Of course, the person didn't ask if you owned Diamine but rather if you were professionally associated; as in working for them as employee or contractor. Since your reviews pretty much deal with those features that can be evidenced I'm not at all sure how it would be a relevant issue anyway unless you took a pro-Diamine and anti-Everything else position Else position which you have not done.

But remember CBBC is aimed at the audience I mentioned in Message #2; the kiddies at the little table. Perhaps if you put one of his posts up on the refrigerator he would be dead chuffed.

grainweevil
January 8th, 2018, 06:35 AM
I always liked Rainbow. It'll never be the same for me again.

Ashes to Ashes did that to me years ago. I can only be grateful they didn't use Bod or The Flumps.

Anyway, fwiw, Rainbow was on ITV, not BBC. Not important, but wildly more important than wasting all this energy and thread on such persons as earn the label "troll", imo.

Deb
January 8th, 2018, 06:57 AM
I always liked Rainbow. It'll never be the same for me again.

Ashes to Ashes did that to me years ago. I can only be grateful they didn't use Bod or The Flumps.

Anyway, fwiw, Rainbow was on ITV, not BBC. Not important, but wildly more important than wasting all this energy and thread on such persons as earn the label "troll", imo.

Very true.

Chrissy
January 8th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Oooh sorry. I didn't realise that Rainbow wasn't BBC:) Not that it was a show I watched. :)

FWIW I see today in the Radio Times that Ashes to Ashes is starting a rerun tonight on Drama at 8 o'clock. I spotted it earlier today.

SIR
January 8th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Sorry guys, but what evidence exactly is there that 'Bungle' was a troll?

I can understand there is a possible connection (if you care to see it) between their name and another poster who has been judged to be a troll, but otherwise it would seem as though you are being rather hypocritical - abusing another new member for no good reason.

Jon Szanto
January 8th, 2018, 11:00 AM

I can understand there is a possible connection (if you care to see it) between their name and another poster who has been judged to be a troll, but otherwise it would seem as though you are being rather hypocritical - abusing another new member for no good reason.

Past history and behavior.

The deal is that, here on FPG, we pretty much have to clean up the joint on our own. The owner will often respond if posts are reported for ill behavior but it isn't a given. With no active mods, it falls upon the community to look at posting patterns and content to ascertain whether remarks are done with valid purpose or if they seem to be simply for the activity of causing issues. I didn't follow that thread in-depth but when new members jump into a rather innocuous thread and start behaving in an insulting manner, it isn't a giant leap of concept to understand the psychology involved. On balance, the FPG community is exceedingly tolerant and allows a lot of dissent. Sometimes, though, the bullshit meter has it's needles pinned to the right and one simply needs to call it. I think this was the case here. Others may feel different, as is their right.

SIR
January 8th, 2018, 12:42 PM
"Maybe Chrissy is the Director/owner of Diamine?" seemed like a fairly innocuous comment to me, certainly not insulting; there is no denying 'Chrissy' could be an abbreviation of Diamine's director (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/oG2J46YWfE2lMYI9qSAGete1sZc/appointments)'s first name and Chrissy publicly declares her location for this forum as Berkshire which was, until recently, where Diamine had their business address registered - so, wtf..?

southpaw52
January 8th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Personally I hope you do not leave. I find your ink reviews to very through and very helpful. That will always be one person that wants to spoil it for others. That person desires to have attention with negative thoughts to stir discontentment,

Deb
January 8th, 2018, 01:12 PM

One good reason is that the only "Bungle" I am aware of is the character in Rainbow who is the partner of Zippy and George.

Deb
January 8th, 2018, 01:16 PM
"Maybe Chrissy is the Director/owner of Diamine?" seemed like a fairly innocuous comment to me, certainly not insulting; there is no denying 'Chrissy' could be an abbreviation of Diamine's director (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/oG2J46YWfE2lMYI9qSAGete1sZc/appointments)'s first name and Chrissy publicly declares her location for this forum as Berkshire which was, until recently, where Diamine had their business address registered - so, wtf..?

There are quite a few people in Berkshire, many of whom may share the name. If she actually is either the owner or a director of Diamine she really isn't doing her company any good by giving other ink manufacturers equal time and praise.

RocketRyan
January 8th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Of course Chrissy may just like their inks.

Jon Szanto
January 8th, 2018, 01:53 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, the head of a major ink manufacturer has been reviewing inks online in at least two public forums for *years*, of course that is a perfectly reasonable extrapolation from a name.

As if.

BTW, "Are you fucking kidding me?" seems like a fairly innocuous comment to me. YMMV.

jar
January 8th, 2018, 02:20 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, the head of a major ink manufacturer has been reviewing inks online in at least two public forums for *years*, of course that is a perfectly reasonable extrapolation from a name.

As if.

BTW, "Are you fucking kidding me?" seems like a fairly innocuous comment to me. YMMV.

Some kids have far too much free time and far too little supervision.

mhosea
January 8th, 2018, 02:39 PM

OK, that made me laugh. I seem to have missed all the fun. The offending posts have been removed, have they not? Or did I look at the wrong thread?

Chrissy
January 8th, 2018, 03:18 PM
I can't believe what I'm seeing on this thread. SIR: Are you being serious or is this some sort of a wind-up?

Bungle was not a new member but a new registration from the same troll. I already gave you this information and I did not tell you a lie. The site owner decided that fact, based on all of the evidence that he had in front of him. So if you have an argument about that I suggest you take it up with him rather than throwing wild accusations around.

I'm not even going to dignify anything to do with the other wild accusation about Diamine with any other answers apart from the fact that the Diamine factory is in Liverpool. I didn't lie to you when I answered that before either.

I can't believe you are actually seriously discussing this. Those trolls are sitting there at their little kiddies table laughing their socks off at you because they've wound you up.

Chrissy
January 8th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Personally I hope you do not leave. I find your ink reviews to very through and very helpful. That will always be one person that wants to spoil it for others. That person desires to have attention with negative thoughts to stir discontentment,

Thanks. :tea:

ShugPug
January 8th, 2018, 04:23 PM

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkWhat they said! Thank you for all your work Chris's!

Chrissy
January 8th, 2018, 04:28 PM

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkWhat they said! Thank you for all your work Chris's!

Cheers. :) Posting rarely and reading regularly sounds like a good plan. :)

Runnin_Ute
January 9th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Not familiar with the thread in question, but that doesn't matter. I have been reading Chrissy's posts on both ink and other topics for years and learned a lot. I am reasonably certain that she doesn't deserve the abuse that said troll has heaped upon her. As for any relationship she may or may not have with Diamine or any other manufacturer or retailer, I don't see it. It appears to me she has done some ink reviews some even on inks prior to official release. I have done that before, during the development phase even. My compensation? I got to keep and use the ink being reviewed. I suspect any pre release reviews were done similarly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fermata
January 9th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Not familiar with the thread in question, but that doesn't matter. I have been reading Chrissy's posts on both ink and other topics for years and learned a lot. I am reasonably certain that she doesn't deserve the abuse that said troll has heaped upon her. As for any relationship she may or may not have with Diamine or any other manufacturer or retailer, I don't see it. It appears to me she has done some ink reviews some even on inks prior to official release. I have done that before, during the development phase even. My compensation? I got to keep and use the ink being reviewed. I suspect any pre release reviews were done similarly.

I didnt see the thread either but isnt there some advertising rule that when you review products that have been provided by a brand and the brand provides information that you have to say Its an Advertisement' at the top of the review? Is that what you mean Ute?

Runnin_Ute
January 9th, 2018, 09:13 AM

I didnt see the thread either but isnt there some advertising rule that when you review products that have been provided by a brand and the brand provides information that you have to say Its an Advertisement' at the top of the review? Is that what you mean Ute?Not familiar with that rule.

Fermata
January 9th, 2018, 10:19 AM

I didnt see the thread either but isnt there some advertising rule that when you review products that have been provided by a brand and the brand provides information that you have to say Its an Advertisement' at the top of the review? Is that what you mean Ute?Not familiar with that rule.

This, more or less:

In any product review the review must be genuine in nature, the person may just be posting a genuine opinion. In such cases, these posts are not considered advertisements.

When the brand has control over the content of the post and/or provides copy or approval for the review, and/or rewards the writer with a payment, free gifts (such as ink or a pen), including the product for review, or other perk, the post becomes an advertisement.

If there is doubt then the review should be labelled as an advertisement so as not to break the rules and mislead the reviewers audience which could otherwise result in censure and/or a fine to the reviewer and the internet host.

Chrissy
January 9th, 2018, 12:28 PM

I didnt see the thread either but isnt there some advertising rule that when you review products that have been provided by a brand and the brand provides information that you have to say Its an Advertisement' at the top of the review? Is that what you mean Ute?

There is not such a rule. FPN once considered applying one, but the idea seems to have been scrapped. No ink manufacturer has ever provided me with any information that they have asked me to say. Not that I would say it even if they did

Chrissy
January 9th, 2018, 12:52 PM

This, more or less:

In any product review the review must be genuine in nature, the person may just be posting a genuine opinion. In such cases, these posts are not considered advertisements.

When the brand has control over the content of the post and/or provides copy or approval for the review, and/or rewards the writer with a payment, free gifts (such as ink or a pen), including the product for review, or other perk, the post becomes an advertisement.

If there is doubt then the review should be labelled as an advertisement so as not to break the rules and mislead the reviewers audience which could otherwise result in censure and/or a fine to the reviewer and the internet host.
I've started to review inks using a combination of the reviews of the two very best reviewers on FPN. I usually try to not give a personal opinion of what I think, whether I like it or I don't. Because no-one cares about that. I just write with it and say whether it seems wet or dry, smooth and lubricated, or not, shows through, bleeds through, is saturated or not, dries quickly or slowly, on different papers and what other ink colours are similar. These reviewers whose review types I have partially plagiarised have similar review styles. The surprising thing was that obviously the sad trolls didn't seem to be aware of that, so they hadn't read the review. Nor did they know I had reviewed a Montblanc ink and a Sailor ink immediately prior to the Diamine one. That's how they showed they were trolls.

No brand that I've reviewed has ever had any control over my review or provided any copy or approval for my reviews. If they had I wouldn't do the review. Of course I get to keep the ink samples. They are used samples after all so no point in sending them back, No-one would want them.

Here's a funny thing. Before I started doing any ink reviews, I bought some Lamy Nexx M pens with different nibs and caps. I bought all of the colours except the Olive Green - that I still don't have. Then I received some small samples of ink to review, in the bottom of Diamine 30ml plastic bottles, and found the Nexx pen nibs couldn't reach down as far as the ink level. If only I had bought Safaris or Al-stars! :(

Morgaine
January 9th, 2018, 01:05 PM
I have plastic shot glasses I can pour a few drops of ink in, if the ink level in the bottle is hard to reach via normal means!

You do great ink reviews.

Runnin_Ute
January 9th, 2018, 01:41 PM

This, more or less:

I've started to review inks using a combination of the reviews of the two very best reviewers on FPN. I usually try to not give a personal opinion of what I think, whether I like it or I don't. Because no-one cares about that. I just write with it and say whether it seems wet or dry, smooth and lubricated, or not, shows through, bleeds through, is saturated or not, dries quickly or slowly, on different papers and what other ink colours are similar. These reviewers whose review types I have partially plagiarised have similar review styles. The surprising thing was that obviously the sad trolls didn't seem to be aware of that, so they hadn't read the review. Nor did they know I had reviewed a Montblanc ink and a Sailor ink immediately prior to the Diamine one. That's how they showed they were trolls.

No brand that I've reviewed has ever had any control over my review or provided any copy or approval for my reviews. If they had I wouldn't do the review. Of course I get to keep the ink samples. They are used samples after all so no point in sending them back, No-one would want them.

Here's a funny thing. Before I started doing any ink reviews, I bought some Lamy Nexx M pens with different nibs and caps. I bought all of the colours except the Olive Green - that I still don't have. Then I received some small samples of ink to review, in the bottom of Diamine 30ml plastic bottles, and found the Nexx pen nibs couldn't reach down as far as the ink level. If only I had bought Safaris or Al-stars! :(That has always been my perception. As little bias as is humanly possible no matter the ink. It is what I like about them. I figured samples was most likely. Especially for pre-production inks. That is what the final round of Blackstone was. Only in concentrated form. Mix with water. First round (Cashmere inks) started as a powder. 4 grams powder (foil packet) and add water. Add 80-90 ml get a dry ink ; add 30 ml get a wet ink, add 50-60 ml something in between...
Couldn't really send back to Oz.....

Fermata
January 9th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Not a pen forum rule, it is some advertising watchdog and applies across the internet including vloggers and the like, anywhere that you see product reviews including newspapers. I would expect the watchdog has teeth and can bite with a fine to the reviewer/brand or the forum. No personal experience of this.

SIR
January 9th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Sorry guys, but what evidence exactly is there that 'Bungle' was a troll?Past history and behavior.

One good reason is that the only "Bungle" I am aware of is the character in Rainbow who is the partner of Zippy and George.

None of the above even comes close to being evidence.

Yeah, the head of a major ink manufacturer has been reviewing inks online in at least two public forums for *years*, of course that is a perfectly reasonable extrapolation from a name.

Bungle was not a new member but a new registration from the same troll. I already gave you this information and I did not tell you a lie. The site owner decided that fact, based on all of the evidence that he had in front of him. So if you have an argument about that I suggest you take it up with him rather than throwing wild accusations around.

I'm not even going to dignify anything to do with the other wild accusation about Diamine with any other answers apart from the fact that the Diamine factory is in Liverpool. I didn't lie to you when I answered that before either.

I can't believe you are actually seriously discussing this. Those trolls are sitting there at their little kiddies table laughing their socks off at you because they've wound you up.

Still the failure to apply one's own standards in judgment of one's self continues; so, you think it's wrong for others to connect seemingly minor coincidences and similarities, yet happily do so yourselves?

I know for a fact 'Bungle' was not a) Zippy reregistered under a new alias, or b) trolling you.

One thing I will say, the reactions are telling.

Jon Szanto
January 9th, 2018, 03:06 PM

Prove otherwise. I won't speak for others, but I'm satisfied with my assessment of the situation.

Chrissy
January 9th, 2018, 03:09 PM

Prove otherwise. I won't speak for others, but I'm satisfied with my assessment of the situation.
I read SIR's post "I know for a fact 'Bungle' was not a) Zippy reregistered under a new alias, or b) trolling you." as an admission that he signed in as a new ID called "Bungle" in order to ask if I was the owner or director of Diamine, and that he doesn't think it's trolling.

Chrissy
January 9th, 2018, 03:12 PM
SIR's reaction is indeed telling.

I'm saying no more on this subject.

ian1964
January 9th, 2018, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=SIR;229039]Sorry guys, but what evidence exactly is there that 'Bungle' was a troll?Past history and behavior.

Yeah, the head of a major ink manufacturer has been reviewing inks online in at least two public forums for *years*, of course that is a perfectly reasonable extrapolation from a name.

Still the failure to apply one's own standards in judgment of one's self continues; so, you think it's wrong for others to connect seemingly minor coincidences and similarities, yet happily do so yourselves?

I know for a fact 'Bungle' was not a) Zippy reregistered under a new alias, or b) trolling you.

Come on then, tell us how you know?

eriquito
January 9th, 2018, 03:34 PM
The decisions and actions regarding the two members in question were completely mine. If anyone feels entitled to an in-depth explanation regarding my decision making process, please contact me outside the forum.

Please, let's just move along. Surely out time would be better spent talking about pens, inks, papers, etc.

Eric