PDA

View Full Version : SOLD NIB Montblanc Boheme Noir with retractable broad nib

Alchemist
January 11th, 2018, 07:28 PM
For sale is a new in box, never inked, Montblanc Boheme Noir fountain pen with a retractable broad nib. The clip holds a faceted synthetic onyx stone. I bought the pen with the intention of having it stubbed, but it's smaller than I had imagined (the drawback of living in rural Maine with no decent pen store within 100 miles). I just received it yesterday. I'm hoping to sell it quickly and move on, otherwise I may proceed with my plan to have it stubbed. Asking $380 $400 $370 or best offer shipped in CONUS (international shipping available at extra cost). I'm posting a few photos below, more are available at the following link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14UKwQutaIMt0WfCQDw6dDqa2P_DtrKV9

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. I can try to take better ones this weekend in natural light.

If interested, please PM me or email geocom13@gmail.com.

Thanks for looking.

Finnegans
January 11th, 2018, 08:20 PM
If it was the MB safety pen thing that caught your eye, consider the 1912 - I think it’s a touch larger (though if you post the Boheme then that’s bigger). The Heritage 1912 does not post (very well). I feel your rural Maine pain, too - if you ever want to try out the 1912, I’m in Augusta weekdays - shoot me a pm and you can test drive it.

Alchemist
January 12th, 2018, 05:59 AM
Wow, that's really generous! I think what attracted me was the retractable nib, and the convenience of cartridges. I like the length of the pen - it's definitely shirt pocket friendly. Just wish it was a little girthier, but I can probably get used to it. My wife thinks it's cute as a button.

I live in the Portland area. Maybe we can meet up sometime and compare notes.

InkyAccountant
January 12th, 2018, 08:39 AM
My wife thinks it's cute as a button.

I have lost two Parker 51s because of that same reason. After that, the pens started getting heavier and larger as my collection grew.

Alchemist
January 12th, 2018, 09:02 AM
Ha. I lost a 51 the same way!

Driften
January 12th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Wow, that's really generous! I think what attracted me was the retractable nib, and the convenience of cartridges. I like the length of the pen - it's definitely shirt pocket friendly. Just wish it was a little girthier, but I can probably get used to it. My wife thinks it's cute as a button.

I have a Boheme and I knew it was going to be small but when I opened the box I was shocked. I was quickly able to get over that and love using it. It's not as comfortable as my 146, but it's a pocket pen meant for notes on the go not many pages of writing. So I enjoy it for what it is and it has replaced two other pocket pens (F-C 45, F-C p66) for the purpose. It also does not dry out as easy for me as other cartridge pens!

RocketRyan
January 12th, 2018, 12:14 PM
I have the silver crystal and find it awesome. I rarely use it for long writing sessions but to take out and about I think it is brilliant. And I find the retractable nib mechanism endlessly satisfying.

Alchemist
January 12th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Thanks. What cartridges does you use?

Alchemist
January 12th, 2018, 07:09 PM
I do love the retractable mechanism, and I could probably get used to the size. What cartridges do you prefer?

RocketRyan
January 12th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Waterman tender purple usually, I have a bottle and cartridges, for various pens. To be honest it's close to perfect ink wise for me.

penwash
January 12th, 2018, 08:20 PM
I wish mine came with a broad stub nib.

This is a unique and well-made pen. And the size is not too small for me at all.

RocketRyan
January 13th, 2018, 02:13 AM
Considering getting mine stubbed, it's an 18k medium currently.

Driften
January 13th, 2018, 10:27 AM
I do love the retractable mechanism, and I could probably get used to the size. What cartridges do you prefer?

I currently have MB UNICEF Blue in mine. I had tried a couple of inks put into generic cartridges as well. It took a day or two before mine started flowing normal. I thought at first it had a dry nib, but then all of the sudden it started flowing like a nice wet nib. It might have been that it takes longer for water to evaporate out after cleaning it then what I expected. Be advised you can't wash out the pen like a normal one. You need to keep water from getting into the retraction parts. Use a converter to push water though to clean it, or cut the end off a International long cartridge and then use a bulb to flush it.

Alchemist
January 13th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the information. I have been wondering about the best way to clean it. It sounds like everyone who responded is happy with their Bohemes. Maybe I will keep it.

Alchemist
January 14th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Price drop to $380.

Alchemist
January 20th, 2018, 02:32 PM
Bump.

Alchemist
January 27th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Price drop

BambiV
January 27th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Well I really hope it's M nib or smaller...

Alchemist
January 27th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Sorry, it's a broad.

Alchemist
February 2nd, 2018, 01:38 PM
Bump for weekend.