PDA

View Full Version : Hello fountain pen fans/enthusiasts-- I'm in the Upper Midwest

usgs
January 13th, 2018, 08:43 PM
I'm happy to be with others who love fountain pens which I had used in boyhood long, long ago. I always kept some of my old fountain pens and then, in 2015, something sparked my interest in them again so I've bought some plus some bottles of Diamine ink. Now I'm waiting for a clear acrylic ED pen from either China or maybe it's from Hong Kong. It's supposed to arrive by Mon. 15 Jan. but that day's a holiday so maybe the mailman will bring it to me on Tues. 16 Jan.

I favor EF, F, and stub nibs. Since my favorite color is blue, I have some bottles of various blue colors.

While not a native of the state, I live in the state where Parker Pen was founded in 1888 and I don't live far from the city where Parker once operated making such nice fountain pens.

Marsilius
January 13th, 2018, 11:39 PM
Welcome. Diamine is always good, and Chrissy has some Diamine great reviews here. I love Majestic Blue. I too started as a kid and then again later for interest sparked. Have fun here.

Anne
January 14th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Welcome!

Hawk
January 14th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Welcome.
The Chicago Pen Show will be held near Chicago at the Chicago Marriott Northwest in Hoffman Estates. The dates are May 3-6. See chicagopenshow.com. Can’t get much closer.

jar
January 14th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Are you a rock hound?

DaveT
January 15th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Wahl
January 15th, 2018, 11:40 AM
:welcome:

Bisquitlips
February 16th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Hi from Missouri! Welcome!