PDA

View Full Version : SOLD 2 Miller pens (converted from vac to button filler).

Lexaf
January 18th, 2018, 07:08 AM
Here are two vintage pens made by Miller, Denmark.
The firm still exists, but they do not make fountain pens any more. These day they are the importer and seller of a.o. Pentel pens for Denmark.
I think these pens were made somewhere late 1930's.

The 2 Millers came to me as totally wrecked parts pens, but I thought them too beautiful to throw them in the parts bin. So I decided to try to restore them. Biggest problem was that the filling system was destroyed. It was a sort of vacuum system that also had been used for a short time in some German Osmia pens. The system is not documented and these pens missed essential parts, so the vac system was unrepairable.
I 'Frankenized' the pens and rebuilt them to work as a button filler, containing a silicone ink sac.
The pens did tot have nibs and feeders so I fitted 'new' ones from my repair stock.
The clip of the green pen is partly broken, so I did some soldering work to stabilize it. Still very weak, not recommended to really use it. The black pen has no other flaws but the conversion of the filling system and the replaced nib.

Further specs:
Green pen
Brand: Miller
Country of origin: Denmark
Imprint: Miller 698 patent on the barrel + Miller logo on the clip.
Material: 12 sided green and mother of pearl chipped celluloid for the barrel, cap and blind cap. Ebonite section and feeder Gold plated clip and cap band. Gold plated clip and cap ring.
Nib: not original modern F GP IPG nib, Iridium pointed. Very smooth writer.
Filling system: The original vac filling system is rebuilt / converted to a button filler with a transparent silicone sac, so the in is still visible in the ambered ink window.
Measurements: capped 130mm, uncapped 121mm, posted 150mm. Diam. 12,5mm over the barrel, 13,8mm ove the cap.

Black pen
Brand: Miller
Imprint: Miller Royal on the clip, Miller Patent 637 on the barrel.
Country of origin: Denmark
Material: black celluloid for the barrel, cap and blind cap. Ebonite section and feeder Gold plated clip and cap band. Beautiful long diagonally striped ambered ink window. Gold plated clip and cap ring.
Nib: not original vintage nib, marked WARREN 14KT gold plated. (this is strange, because the nib is actually solid Silver-Palladium - AgPd alloy) No iridium, F. Good writer, but as often wit EF points a bit 'bitty'.
Filling system: The original vac filling system is rebuilt / converted to a button filler with a transparent silicone sac, so the ink is still visible in the window.
Measurements: capped 130mm, uncapped 119mm, posted 153mm. Diam. 11,7mm over the barrel, 13,3mm over the cap.

As these pens are still beautiful but actually quite vulnerable I only ask a friendly price.
I want US$25,-- for each pen.
Shipping is included for standard priority mail (no T&T) world wide. For registered mail us$10,-- extra.
Payment by Paypal only.
Please look at the pictures below, thank you for viewing.

atheta
January 18th, 2018, 08:40 AM
Message sent

Lexaf
January 18th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Message sent
Thanks! See Reply PM.

Both pens SOLD! Thank you!

fountainpen51
January 18th, 2018, 11:40 AM
If dont sell, say me, please