PDA

View Full Version : Dry ink recommendation please

FredRydr
January 21st, 2018, 07:17 PM
I have a few pens that flow too well, and before I mess with the nib and feed, I'd like to try very dry blue and black inks. Alas, the FPGeeks advanced search will not accept a search for "dry" in the ink review forum. Three-letter words are not permitted.

So, I'd appreciate advice on which inks are the driest black and driest blue you know of.

TIA

KrazyIvan
January 21st, 2018, 07:23 PM
Pelikan 4001 blue and Lamy blue and blue-black but I use Waterman Serenity Blue in pens that may have problems flowing, wet or dry.

Chrissy
January 22nd, 2018, 12:33 AM
Pelikan 4001 inks regularly seem to be reported as "dry" inks. I've not found Waterman Serenity Blue to be dry, but agree it's a great "standard ink" to use as a test of whether a pen has good flow or not.

stub
January 22nd, 2018, 01:57 AM
Lots of the Iron Galls will be drier (excepting KWZ) for example Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black, Platinum Blue-Black (overlooked imo) both are on the dry side.

If you are not keen on iron gall inks, all the Kyonoto and Kyoiro inks I have tried have been BONE dry (Aonibi is has a real vintage vibe to it) Many of the Robert Oster inks are dry. Believe it or not Aurora Blue-Black is really reluctant to flow, though a nice color, and is nothing like their black ink.

Chrissy
January 22nd, 2018, 04:28 AM
I agree that "Very dry blue and black inks" would also include many permanent or IG inks. :)

Scooby921
January 23rd, 2018, 06:39 AM
I think everything from Organics Studio is dry. Their inks are dry enough that they have their own brand of additive to make them less dry.

Dreck
January 23rd, 2018, 07:04 AM
ESSRI (http://www.registrarsink.co.uk/registrars_ink.html)

I'll be happy to send you some if you provide me with a vial to put it in.

FWIW, that is an open offer to all. You send me a sample vial, I'll fill it with ink and send it back.

FredRydr
January 23rd, 2018, 09:28 AM
ESSRI I'll be happy to send you some if you provide me with a vial to put it in.
Thank you for suggesting ESSRI and for your offer. I have it, and I'll give it a try.

Dreck
January 23rd, 2018, 11:49 AM
ESSRI I'll be happy to send you some if you provide me with a vial to put it in.
Thank you for suggesting ESSRI and for your offer. I have it, and I'll give it a try.

It's my favorite stuff.