PDA

View Full Version : I would like to talk to Someone Specialize in Franken pen.

younglee4241
January 24th, 2018, 02:01 PM
I would like to talk to someone Specialize in franken pen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

younglee4241
January 24th, 2018, 02:11 PM
I like simple morden fountain Pen body with vintage Nib that gives great Iine variation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cob
January 24th, 2018, 03:03 PM
I very much enjoy building Frankenpens. I have quite a few of them: an Advance with incorrect cap and a Conklin Toledo nib, a Pitman College pen with a Swan no 1 Calligraph nib, A summit 75 with a No 4 Waterman's Ideal nib, and quite a few others. My latest one is this early Sheaffer Balance fitted with a big Osmia Supra nib:37460

Cob

Robert
January 24th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Cob - Your penmanship is exquisite.

Sammyo
January 24th, 2018, 08:56 PM
I have put a vintage Eagle nib into a Pelikan M200 with good results...

Cob
January 25th, 2018, 12:42 AM

You are far too generous, but thanks. I call my handwriting Frankenscript: it's a mix of Italic and school handwriting with a few curlicues here and there!

Rgds
Cob

Cob
January 25th, 2018, 12:53 AM
Here's another: a 1920s Pitman's College Pen with Swan No 1 Calligraph nib.37466

Cob

Robert
January 25th, 2018, 05:16 PM

You are far too generous, but thanks. I call my handwriting Frankenscript: it's a mix of Italic and school handwriting with a few curlicues here and there!

Rgds
Cob

Call it what you will, but I wish I had the talent. Also, I am somewhat hampered by being a lefty, which interferes with proper use of flex nibs.

Sid the Cat
August 9th, 2019, 02:34 PM
I have some radical hybrids: old ringtops with dip pen nibs. The one of most interest to this forum would probably be a Doric ringtop (they exist - I have a handful) with a #4 Mabie Todd dip nib. It can do things that no fountain pen can do.

jbb
August 9th, 2019, 02:59 PM
....I call my handwriting Frankenscript: it's a mix of Italic and school handwriting with a few curlicues here and there!

That's it!!! Frankenscript! Brilliant!!! And just like that, poof! a new word enters the English language. Thank you Cob.

a_v_l
August 10th, 2019, 10:12 AM
Once upon a time people would have been puzzled at the idea of a frankenpen. If a nib or cap was damaged, they would repair it using any components available. If it fitted, it worked for them. In the same vein, I have a number of lovely flexible nibs fitted in modern, inexpensive pens - all great writers.

Scrawler
August 12th, 2019, 03:25 AM
Before I became ill I used to do quite a bit of Frankenpenning. It was a way to get good writing instruments out of scrap and spare parts. The Wahl-Eversharp nibs are nice and can be shoehorned into a number of bodies. Is this is what you had in mind when you posted this question in the Wahl-Eversharp section?

Chrissy
August 12th, 2019, 04:27 AM
Before I became ill I used to do quite a bit of Frankenpenning. It was a way to get good writing instruments out of scrap and spare parts. The Wahl-Eversharp nibs are nice and can be shoehorned into a number of bodies. Is this is what you had in mind when you posted this question in the Wahl-Eversharp section?

Sadly this is a resurrected old thread and OP only posted on this one thread back in January 2018. He may not be around to answer your question.

That Frankenpen now looks like a great pen with a gold nib. Excellent work. :)

Sid the Cat
August 13th, 2019, 03:02 PM
I won an auction for a Doric ringtop (an uncommon animal to be sure) with a mediocre nib. My scheme is to replace said nib with an Adjustable nib which has lost its slider - no, hear me out. Without the slider, you have a nib with paintbrush flex and the relative sturdiness of the fountain pen nib, as opposed to the earlier dip nib.
I'll let you know how this works out.