PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Law

cwent2
May 3rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
Noodler's Konrad Resin

Watched all Nathan's videos, watched the fpg seminar on nib tuning - got the pen to write smooth, tines aligned, ink flowing nicely. And then it's time to re-ink. Decide to change color to Private Reserve black. Clean pen ink up, writes nicely - go to bed, next morning all the ink from barrel is now in cap. Ok, clean pen decide to try private reserve chocolat - same proceedure ---- same result.

Once more this time Apache Sunset - 3 days no leakage - Did not touch feed as I had it feeding very small bubbles with water into paper towel. Remove towel feed stopped.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why.

I am baffled

KrazyIvan
May 3rd, 2013, 07:57 PM
Ah, we already had a PM exchange on this. :D

cwent2
May 3rd, 2013, 11:36 PM
Ah, we already had a PM exchange on this. :D

Yes and I thank you

jacksterp
May 15th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Please enlighten us on the cause and resolution.

KrazyIvan
May 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Please enlighten us on the cause and resolution.

I had him take it apart and lube the piston. Sounded like it was getting air slipping past it. I don't think he has had problems since. Cwent2?

cwent2
May 15th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Sorry, yes took pen apart and removed o rings - there was some build up of ink on the o rings - cleaned and reapplied silicone grease. put pen back together and re-inked - problem has not reoccurred and the pen is still writing well on that fill - getting close to empty and I am waiting to see if it burps before I refill it.

After watching Brian Gray's nib seminar I looked closely at the nib and tines were misaligned - corrected and the pen has written well since.