PDA

View Full Version : Wahl Silver Crest desk set

FredRydr
February 7th, 2018, 08:04 AM
I was sending via email a photo to a collector in Albuquerque, and I decided to share it here.

This Doric is part of a "Silver Crest" desk set with pen and base, rocker blotter, perpetual calendar, desk blotter with matching corners and maybe other parts somewhere around here. The base originally had a black Doric tulip mounted, no pen, so I hunted up a more interesting color pen and tulip, which wasn't all that difficult. Desk pens are relatively inexpensive. It's been several years and cannot recall if I installed a sac, and I've yet to write with it. I really must ink my desk pens...one of these days.

pajaro
February 7th, 2018, 10:17 AM
That is a beautiful desk set. I have always liked desk sets, probably because my mother had one.

FredRydr
February 8th, 2018, 04:03 PM
That is a beautiful desk set. I have always liked desk sets, probably because my mother had one.
Having a few desk pens on display can really make a home office look nice, and as I mentioned, they don't cost much compared to the same pens with caps.

pajaro
February 8th, 2018, 06:49 PM
Desk sets look nice and classy generally, but that desk set is really beautiful. It is a knockout.

SIR
February 9th, 2018, 03:13 AM
Wow, does anyone make anything that even comes close these days?

Wahl
February 11th, 2018, 03:57 PM
A real beauty, congrats and thanks for sharing !