PDA

View Full Version : Utterly Bizarre

Cob
February 16th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Here is a Canadian Parker Duofold, clipless and Junior size.

Could this possibly be genuine and original? I can say that the cap and blind cap are identical material and fit the pen perfectly.

Thanks in advance,

Cob

Sailor Kenshin
February 16th, 2018, 06:25 AM
Discoloration?

FredRydr
February 16th, 2018, 06:30 AM
Unless you know its provenance, it is speculation whether it came out of the factory like that. My impression is it is a Frankenpen of two different materials.

Cob
February 16th, 2018, 06:36 AM
Thanks; certainly Frankenpen came to mind. I was surprised that the blind cap matches the barrel so perfectly - I have had experience of replacing blind caps and often there has been a mis-match - I assume that the blind caps were polished to match the barrels.

And no - not remotely discoloration.

Cob

jar
February 16th, 2018, 06:40 AM
Thanks; certainly Frankenpen came to mind. I was surprised that the blind cap matches the barrel so perfectly - I have had experience of replacing blind caps and often there has been a mis-match - I assume that the blind caps were polished to match the barrels.

Cob

What is written on the body? It looks like it might be an early Lucky Curve Duofold with a later streamlined cap and blind cap.

Cob
February 16th, 2018, 06:42 AM

Cob

What is written on the body? It looks like it might be an early Lucky Curve Duofold with a later streamlined cap and blind cap.

It says Parker Duofold Made in Canada. Interestingly it is fitted with the cantilever-type pressure bar as used on Televisors etc.

Cob

jar
February 16th, 2018, 07:38 AM

Cob

It says Parker Duofold Made in Canada. Interestingly it is fitted with the cantilever-type pressure bar as used on Televisors etc.

Cob

Ô Canada. All bets are off.

Cob
February 16th, 2018, 08:00 AM

Cob

Cob

Ô Canada. All bets are off.

I am getting the impression that Parker Canada's staff was partly composed of eccentrics...

C.

Diabolical_Engineer
February 16th, 2018, 10:53 AM
It's a frankenpen. Barrel is from a Lapis Duofold. Blind cap and cap are from one of the thrift time models (the name escapes me at the moment).

Cob
February 16th, 2018, 11:04 AM
It's a frankenpen. Barrel is from a Lapis Duofold. Blind cap and cap are from one of the thrift time models (the name escapes me at the moment).

Thank you - it is too bizarre to be anything else I suppose. Interesting that the caps fit perfectly isn't it?

Cob

EvanG
March 20th, 2018, 04:10 PM
do you have other pictures? i'm curious too know if the blind cap is all one color or if the cap matches the barrel...very interesting.

amk
March 21st, 2018, 02:08 AM
I wonder if it's a factory Frankenpen made of bits and bobs by one of the employees?

Cob
March 21st, 2018, 03:33 AM
The pen, christened Jacob, (many colours) has a new and appreciative owner at Goodwriter's Pens..

Follow this link (https://goodwriterspens.com/2018/03/15/the-mystery-of-jacob/) to read more

Cob