PDA

View Full Version : Started a new sketching blog

suzy01
February 19th, 2018, 03:57 PM
https://sketchandcrochet.wordpress.com

Started it last week, what do you think?

I sketch every day with my twsbi vac700 ef and a variety of black inks, I need to start geeking out and labeling the posts better with the type if pens used.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Robert
February 19th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Very nice work, Suzy.

carlos.q
February 19th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Cool! :thumb:

NibsForScript
February 19th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Keep at it. It is great!

fountainpagan
February 20th, 2018, 01:59 AM
Very good start, Suzy.
There is progress to be made, but you have already a style of your own (and that is not an easy thing).
Congratulations, and keep on.:)
Yes, labeling the drawings would be nice.

penwash
February 20th, 2018, 10:55 PM
Nice style. Keep it up!

MattiasW
May 11th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Some really nice work there :) I especially like some of the black ones. Thats impressive to sketch on the train. I've tried it, but found it hard, maybe our trains here are more shaky? lol

I'll get my site up some day too.

suzy01
May 11th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Some really nice work there :) I especially like some of the black ones. Thats impressive to sketch on the train. I've tried it, but found it hard, maybe our trains here are more shaky? lol

I'll get my site up some day too.Thanks, our trains are pretty shaky but maybe I'm just used to it now lol

azkid
May 11th, 2018, 01:15 PM
That's fantastic! Don't stop! :)

suzy01
July 21st, 2018, 12:55 AM
I've stopped auto posting my Instagram now (after feedback) so the posts are better written with info on what pen & inks Ive used. I think it's looking a lot better now.

wildprose
November 19th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Impressive work and style. I like it.

calamus
December 8th, 2018, 09:47 PM
I particularly liked the chiaroscuro drawings. Very strong.

suzy01
December 9th, 2018, 01:09 AM
Thank you guys [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Chrissy
December 9th, 2018, 01:51 AM
I've just looked through some of them and they are really good. :) What sketchbook did you use for your Inktober 2018 sketches? The paper looks very nice for ink drawings.

suzy01
December 9th, 2018, 02:22 AM
I've just looked through some of them and they are really good. :) What sketchbook did you use for your Inktober 2018 sketches? The paper looks very nice for ink drawings.Thank you. For inktober I used Seawhite of Brighton A5 ringbound Sketchbook it 150gsm and really nice to draw on with ink. I much prefer the square casebound ones they do though, it's the same paper but without the annoying ringbinding [emoji23] most of the white papered movember portraits are on that paper too.

Chrissy
December 9th, 2018, 02:30 AM
I've just looked through some of them and they are really good. :) What sketchbook did you use for your Inktober 2018 sketches? The paper looks very nice for ink drawings.Thank you. For inktober I used Seawhite of Brighton A5 ringbound Sketchbook it 150gsm and really nice to draw on with ink. I much prefer the square casebound ones they do though, it's the same paper but without the annoying ringbinding [emoji23] most of the white papered movember portraits are on that paper too.

Thanks. :) I looked on Amazon and found an A5 black hard bound version but it's 140gsm not 150gsm. It might work. :)

suzy01
December 9th, 2018, 02:57 AM

Thanks. :) I looked on Amazon and found an A5 black hard bound version but it's 140gsm not 150gsm. It might work. :)Oh you're right, the casebound version is 140,its lovely to draw on though. I thought it was the same paper inside.

CraigKen
December 18th, 2018, 06:19 AM
I actually prefer the 140gsm after drawing on 150 for ages. I was surprised how big of a difference I felt as well.

Marsilius
December 18th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Good stuff. I used to sketch on the train and cultivated a wavy squiggly line effect for those drawings. You manage just great without.

IrenaRoese
January 11th, 2019, 04:18 AM
Good initiative. I just checked this blog but found nothing. Maybe you will add interesting stuff soon.

suzy01
January 11th, 2019, 04:31 AM
Good initiative. I just checked this blog but found nothing. Maybe you will add interesting stuff soon.I just tried it and the pictures are all there? What browser were you using? It's just a normal WordPress blog so it should work on everything. It takes a bit longer to load than it used to because of all the pictures now though.

Chrissy
January 12th, 2019, 11:54 PM
The excellent pictures were all there when I just visited, but they took a moment or two to load. :)

suzy01
January 13th, 2019, 04:58 AM
The excellent pictures were all there when I just visited, but they took a moment or two to load. :)Thank you so much for checking. I'll see if I can make it load faster, not really my area of expertise though lol

Cyril
March 17th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Very nice and lovely drawing :(