PDA

View Full Version : New inks from Pure Pens (UK)

migo984
February 20th, 2018, 05:45 AM
Not made by them. Good price for 60ml and sold in useful tall bottles, similar to the Oster bottles, but in glass.
Six colours available, so far. Free shipping in U.K. for orders over £20 i.e. 3 bottles worth.

https://www.purepens.co.uk/acatalog/Pure-Pens-Ink.html

Quick look at 3 of them. Apologies for poor quality photo.

Fermata
February 20th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Thanks Migo, love the blue.

migo984
February 20th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Thanks Migo, love the blue.

It’s a good saturated blue & its got that red-sheening zeitgeist going on 😉
The red Cadwaladr is a very good mid red; I’m enjoying it so far.

The Good Captain
February 21st, 2018, 01:45 AM
My bottles of Saltire and Celtic Sea should be arriving this morning. I'll keep you posted. They certainly look great colours and are really good value. Thanks for the review.

The Good Captain
February 21st, 2018, 11:23 AM
Sure enough, the inks did turn up in the post and rather nice they are too. I've not done an extensive review and will let the rest of you work out any similarities to other inks out there.

In terms of value for money, they represent a really good deal and both the inks I've purchased behave and flow well. The paper I use is Rhodia 80gsm, as usual.

This is undoubtedly the start of a series and I think whatever comes out of south Wales in these nifty little bottles will be well worth the wait!

fountainpagan
February 22nd, 2018, 07:34 AM
Thank you for your reviews, and the presentation of the new inks.

That Cadwaladr is my kind of colour - if as in your photo. In your presentation it looks as dark red. Whereas in theirs it looks as pink. Which oneis closer to the real colour, please, Migo?

migo984
February 22nd, 2018, 08:58 AM
Thank you for your reviews, and the presentation of the new inks.

That Cadwaladr is my kind of colour - if as in your photo. In your presentation it looks as dark red. Whereas in theirs it looks as pink. Which oneis closer to the real colour, please, Migo?

It is a rich dark red. Same depth of colour as Diamine Red Dragon, but with less brown.

fountainpagan
February 22nd, 2018, 12:27 PM
Thank you, Migo. Absolutelly my colour, then:)