PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Custom Urushi (please read all text)

Sammyo
February 24th, 2018, 11:26 PM
OFFER WITHDRAWN, I decided I like it too much and will keep it regardless.
Hi all,

I posted this in another location, but thought it made more sense here... And dropped the price...

I have a black Pilot Custom Urushi with an #30 18k gold M nib (my favourite writer that I own!)...

I want the vermillion Pilot Custom Urushi...

I can't warrant owning both...

If I bought the Vermillion, would there be interest here in buying my black one.

Full box and papers; inked only twice; kept in an individual pen case.
It's not a cheap pen...

The caveat... I would be looking for $875 (USD) and it would be shipped from Japan at cost and at the buyers risk, I can't be held responsible after it leaves my hands...

... and... I would only sell it if I had a confirmed buyer AND I made sure I had the Vermillion in my hands first...

So... please feel free to DM me if you don't want to talk in public, I realise there may be a discussion needed.

These pens are $1400 new in the US but often reduced to $1200... even with shipping and import costs, this pen is a steal at this price!... IMHO.

blopplop
February 24th, 2018, 11:34 PM
Maybe I somehow missed it in the ad, but is this the Pilot 845.00?

Sammyo
February 24th, 2018, 11:35 PM
Maybe I somehow missed it in the ad, but is this the Pilot 845.00?This is the "Pilot Custom Urushi", that is the name of the pen. It is the 845's big brother!

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk

blopplop
February 24th, 2018, 11:38 PM
Aah I see. Thanks for the clarification.

I've wanted that Vermillion 845 for a long time. :)

Sammyo
February 24th, 2018, 11:40 PM
Aah I see. Thanks for the clarification.

I've wanted that Vermillion 845 for a long time. :)I understand, I want the Vermilion Custom Urushi 🤣
When first released there was no Vermilion available... it was released after I purchased my pen!

McKool
February 24th, 2018, 11:54 PM
Is the Nib flexible at all, or is it rather stiff in nature? Does the Nib produce any line variation when applying some pressure? Might we trouble you for a writing sample to be displayed here so we can see how she writes?

Thanks!

Sammyo
February 25th, 2018, 12:05 AM
Is the Nib flexible at all, or is it rather stiff in nature? Does the Nib produce any line variation when applying some pressure? Might we trouble you for a writing sample to be displayed here so we can see how she writes?

Thanks!The nib is not flexible. You would not get line variation, it's an 18k nib, so you shouldn't "flex" it, you will spring it and ruin the pen. Having said that, the nib is incredibly soft. It is bouncy and soft and wonderful. It is my favorite pen to write with by far. I have video examples of writing in the history of my Instagram feed (Oram.s) that really show how soft the nib is. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180225/6998987034c3c331d318a25a5016b218.jpg

Sammyo
February 25th, 2018, 12:07 AM

Thanks!
Also, Brian Anderson has posted a video about this pen, that might be easier to find [emoji6]

Delete, I stand corrected, he just talks about it at the end of YouTube podcast #244

Sammyo
February 25th, 2018, 12:14 AM
Name a pen, if I can I will show a size comparison.

McKool
February 25th, 2018, 12:49 AM
Very Nice..... Thank you so much!

jar
February 25th, 2018, 06:29 AM
That's a great price and a great pen but I sold my vermilion 845 and seldom use my black 845 and just can't quite see me using the Custom Urushi either. It's kind like the Namiki Emperor, another pen I feel I should covet but that jess doesn't speak to me.

BUT, why not keep the black one and call the vermilion one your birthday pen?

Sammyo
February 25th, 2018, 06:37 AM
That's a great price and a great pen but I sold my vermilion 845 and seldom use my black 845 and just can't quite see me using the Custom Urushi either. It's kind like the Namiki Emperor, another pen I feel I should covet but that jess doesn't speak to me.

BUT, why not keep the black one and call the vermilion one your birthday pen?I'm actually in discussion with my wife... It might be going well! 🤣

Greenpenman111
February 25th, 2018, 09:32 AM
cant you contact pilot japan to change the barrel and cap?

mmd
February 25th, 2018, 11:44 AM
The vermilion is more expensive and is more or less a limited production.

McKool
February 25th, 2018, 10:09 PM
There is a Vermillion Custom Urushi now on ebay right now for $1,029.

Sammyo
February 26th, 2018, 08:51 PM
cant you contact pilot japan to change the barrel and cap?

The vermilion is more expensive and is more or less a limited production.

There is a Vermillion Custom Urushi now on ebay right now for $1,029.
Thank you all for your comments.

There a few Vermillions out there in the wild, but now they are typically only made to order.
Pilot have not set a finite limit on production, but they are not a standard lineup product.
There is talk that the Vermillion production may be limited and ending soon after a few more months.
I have seen them in a few stores locally and they will last a while due to the price... but once they are gone...

earthdawn
February 26th, 2018, 09:25 PM
I have this pen as well but I knew the Vermillion would soon follow.

While I LOVE the Vermillion 845 version I still got this early with the thought I would send it out for a custom raden/maki work.

It is an amazing nib that is nice a soft and bouncy.

SIR
February 27th, 2018, 01:54 AM
the thought I would send it out for a custom raden/maki work.

What an idea!!

Sammyo
February 27th, 2018, 03:52 AM
... with the thought I would send it out for a custom raden/maki work.

This is an amazing idea... I might have to reconsider the sale... I think I might have an idea for my 40th birthday present!

jar
February 27th, 2018, 05:09 AM
I think I might have an idea for my 40th birthday present!

Kids.

Sammyo
February 27th, 2018, 05:10 AM
I think I might have an idea for my 40th birthday present!

Kids.Lol, the way I feel right now I needed that ;) thanks Jar :D

mmd
February 27th, 2018, 10:44 AM
There a few Vermillions out there in the wild, but now they are typically only made to order.
Pilot have not set a finite limit on production, but they are not a standard lineup product.
There is talk that the Vermillion production may be limited and ending soon after a few more months.
I have seen them in a few stores locally and they will last a while due to the price... but once they are gone...

Really? It's the opposite from what I heard. I heard that Pilot will resume production after a while once they have solved the production problem and they plan to make it a regular lineup. I was always assuming that the scarcity of vermillion color is more a marketing thing than actual production problem because the lacquer itself is not scarce and I don't quite see a difference in techniques...... Anyways, I have commissioned someone to do one vermillion body and one vermillion raden body that take Platinum sections and that's pretty much the end of story for me. :)

Sammyo
February 27th, 2018, 08:30 PM

jar
February 28th, 2018, 05:16 AM

Smart move.